OLTL-Tuesday, April 30th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watched episode #2 and there was so much to like about it!

-The scenes were a little longer between the characters

-Nu Destiny seems to do better with the more subtle character scenes, while I remember the previous Destiny was more hot-headed.

-David was actually acting like a human today! Granted, he's still comical but wasn't being a buffoon today. He and Dorian were acting like a team today!

-Dorian is Dorian, so she can overact all she wants :)

-I'm not sure how to read the Jeffery King character, he seems to be cocky and in the soap opera world, that means you are heading for a fall.

-I liked the Victor reveal! The non-reactions could be due to the shock of Dani's condition. Tea and Jack had great reactions.

-I liked Todd and Blair's conversation. This is the Todd I remember from the 90's! You can tell Horgan is head-writer since she helped write the character back then.

So far, I'm liking OLTL 2.0. It seems to have taken what Cartini did well, and improved what they didn't do well.

• Members

I thought Andrew was fine. But he had very few lines.

And yeah, both Roger and Tuc are far more subdued. Roger less so today than yesterday, but I think he's acclimating. Roger will always do what he wants to a certain extent, but he was very sinister on Monday, very good. And good at the coffee shop. I'm eager to see what Trevor will do if he's no longer written simply as "Todd on meth".

• Members

OK, after yesterday's episode, this one wasn't produced as well, and lacked the finesse the first one had. What was going on with the lighting? Every single scene would start off being lit naturally, and then *glare* - bright light would shine down, tone down, then brighten up again. This is the kind of thing that makes it look less professional than what it is intended to be.

That aside, it was an OK episode. I liked that Matthew and Destiny talked about Dani (and they remembered that Destiny & Dani are best mates), as they needed that, as the Victor drama encapsulated the hospital scenes. His reveal was rushed, but it was the reactions of Blair and Viki that was non-existent, which made the whole thing a major let down. They can rush through the story all they like, but they really needed to respect the character's history, and allow them to react realistically for at least 5 seconds, instead of having Viki and Blair act like they didn't really know who Victor is. There's no excuses for that kind of dodgy writing. The only thing they got right was Tea's and Jack's scenes with Victor.

I'm warming to Jeffrey, and I can see Matthew and kind of Destiny within their new heads.

Liked the Cutter and Rama scenes. Loved Rama wanting to pour the shots individually to save on mess. laugh.png Disappointed we never got to see more of their dance in full.

Dorian and David were OK. I can see what others are saying about RS needing to tone it down. I like that David can be really goofy, but they are showing he does have a brain... or at least common sense. I feel they could have emphasised Dorian being in denial about being set-up to take the fall a lot more, as she came across a bit stupid in the David scenes; it didn't seem to be until the end when she relented, that I could see she had been in denial.

• Members

Often it seems like Robin is still sort of winding her way through the dialogue in Robin Strasser fashion - rambling and burbling her way around to the point. I can't believe all of that was scripted today, because I've seen her do that way too many times. I don't think it suits her here, especially when Tuc and David are toned way down.

• Members

I like the fast pace of the Victor reveal, he's back, so just throw him right into the action and don't linger on the shadowy lurking. As for reaction, it wouldn't have at all hurt to have more, but it didn't hurt to not have more reaction, either. I think Tea's reaction is what counted the most in the moment, anyway.

Matthew is pathetic, living with his parents (well, not anymore) and asking Destiny was getting Bo's checks. I have a feeling the word deadbeat will suit him well.

Cutter and Rama are interesting, I wasn't a big fan of either of these characters during the network run, but here they are likable.

Archived