Academy Awards Live Discussion

dragonflies

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get the feeling the idea was supposed to be a) an observation on how any actress in Hollywood gets hate and bile all the time b ) some idea of comic "irony" - a typical type of attack used on women in Hollywood, only now exposed because it's used against a child. But it's just too much, it's way too much. I think everyone is so cynical and glib now that they don't ever know what the line is. There's no reason for that, or the line about George Clooney.

• Members

Not offended by anything Seth did, but he still underperformed as a host. I expected more from him. And hearing ScarJo's nominated song for the first time watching the awards it's clear that song should have definitely beat Adele's Skyfall, by leaps and bounds.

I wonder if Jessica Chastain will be the next Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, etc, and never win ...

• Members
I've been away for the most part but I have to say I am totally with you. I have seen all the Oscar nominated films, and to me Zero Dark 30 and Chastain were 2 of the most pimped and overrated of the year. Her performance wasn't even the best performance in her own film(Clarke and Ehle were better) forget the rest of the field. She ranked 5 on my list of best actresses.

I was underwhelmed by the ceremony. Seth McFarlane wasn't bad. He really wasnt the problem. It seemed very poorly paced and structured. The best part was the fact that not one film dominated. I loved Amour, Life of Pi, Beasts of the Southern Wilde, and Djando , liked the rest, but I'm just glad they spread the love around. And I think Ang Lee is a fantastic director. What he did with Life of Pi was extraordinary.

Archived