Academy Awards Live Discussion

dragonflies

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also thought it was inappropriate. I don't know why sophomoric locker room humor is supposed to be a part of the oscars. So teenagers will watch? The Bill Shatner segment was fun... the flying Nun thing was HILARIOUS... and Seth is far more attractive, and a far better singer than I imagined. But the boob song, to me, just sucks all the dignity out of the show.

• Members

I agree. I think it's a nice little smooth jam and it certainly has that sexy Bond swag that I love under the opening credits. But it's not a song that even exploits the full strength of Adele's voice. I DO like the song, but it's kind of like a watered down Goldeneye or something.

• Members

ICAM.

I really liked the winners this year. The show fell flat though. It was not bad at all, but not great at any time, it was just ok. The Oscar tribute was a biiiiig let down considering all the hoopla in advance. I actually thought Seth MacFarlane was much too tame. The short glimpse of TED with Marky Mark was much more tongue-in-cheek when all the rest of MacFarlane's numbers.

Archived