Academy Awards Live Discussion

dragonflies

• Members

Bassey was perfect. Adele was perfect. Lets not pit them against eachother, and both performing was a tribute and honor to the Bond franchise old and new, imo.

Those JLaw/Nicholson moment was amazing. truly. Jlaw is so popular with the public because... she is one of us. It isnt a fake pretentious act, this 22 yearold girl who just won an oscar acts like a 22yearold girl who just won an oscar.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It depends on the actress and what she thinks sells. If someone believes a certain aspect connects with the public, then they'll go for that. Sort of like all the years Goldie Hawn spent doing the bubbly, spacey role, even when she'd likely outgrown most of that personality long before. It mostly comes across as acting to me. I saw her going on about her cat and how her cat is named Chaz Bono and isn't this hilarious and shocking and so on, and that also felt like acting.

It works for her, so kudos, but it's a little cloying and forced.

• Members

I just dont understand what you expect from her then, if thats who she truly is (and it seems that way, look back at interviews of her from winters bone even), then if she is to stop or tone it down, or act a different way isnt that being fake and putting on an act? She just seems screwed either way.

DDL interview in the press room-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHTp3UEJzqI&feature=player_embedded

• Members

I don't think it's an act or forced. She's been acting the same way since before Winter's Bone. She's just being herself and seems to not have let the fame go to her head which I find refreshing.

Anne Hathaway and her "oh you really like little ole me? Oh gee" routine is cloying and forced. Lawrence being herself isn't.

• Members

I don't expect anything from her, but I'd mostly like to believe I'm seeing an authentic personality. I see more of a performance piece, and I think that's something which hurts actresses in the long-run, because when they stop being so preciously quirky all the time, then they don't have a lot left to connect with the public.

If that's really her, great. I just don't feel like it is. But in the long run it doesn't matter very much, I'm sure she will have her success and she knows what to do with herself. It's just when I hear over and over about how "real" she is that I pause a little.

• Members

I was surprised that Halle Berry got on Worst Dressed lists. I thought the dress was too tight in the stomach area, but I liked the idea of the dress. She looked like a Dynasty sex goddess. Not one of the best, but not one of the worst.

I saw Naomi Watts on a best dressed list and I thought she looked like she was wearing futuristic tin foil.

• Members

With Halle, on the redcarpet it looked awful, but onstage it really worked. its very odd, lol.

Naomi i thought the opposite of, on the red carpet it looked fantastic, inside it looked just ok. She has been near perfect w/ fashion this enitre awards season.

I need JLaw's Dior contract to end soon, their clothing is too old for her. I liked her dress and she looked great in it, but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90YiKvZ4zxs

• Members

I thought Jennifer Aniston looked a little prom-ish, although I liked the color.

Who was the wife with the feathers all over her sleeves? At first I thought it was Hugh Jackman's wife, because I thought she'd worn that before, but then I actually saw Hugh and his wife.

I thought Sandra Bullock was better dressed than usual as well.

Archived