Academy Awards Live Discussion

dragonflies

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Seth's humor, but it;s just all wrong for the Oscars.

Seeing the supporting actress noms undescored that Judi Dench should have gotten one for Skyfall (she was better than Amy Adams or the mom from Silver Lining Playbook, but not as good as Hathaway).

• Members

What a great show! Seth was a fantastic host, the opening was hystrical, deserving winners, great performances. Affleck being all emotional, JLaws fall and amazing speech and the les mes performance were the highlights for me.

Reese Witherspoon, Kerry Washington and CZJ were my picks for best dressed.

• Members

I LOL'd at this laugh.png

Congrats to William Goldenberg who so deservedly won for Best Film Editing (Argo)! He was also nominated for Zero Dark Thirty (with Dylan Tichenor). What a machine!

And I LOVED Sandra Bullock's speech about editing, it was so true!

Shirley Bassey was spectacular! Loved that whole musical arrangement. It's stuck in my head!

• Members

Seth McFarlane is a really good singer, I had no idea. Bassey and Streisand both revealed their age and the loss of singing power, although Bassey is hanging tough still belting out the power notes here and there. Streisand is a shadow of her former self. William Shatner is still the man, Channing Tatum was pretty cool in his white tie and tails, and Daniel Day Lewis gave such a charming and endearing speech. All in all a fun show with a lot of star power willing to sing. Jennifer Hudson? This will be hugely unpopular, but it is time for her to show she has another song in her that makes her someone to perform on these shows. Powerful voice, but she needs another song.

• Members

Do either SB or BS regularly perform? I know it makes a difference when its been awhile... though, both were amazing. No, they were not what were they were many decades ago, but still amazing. That song is all Hudson has, honestly, but it wouldnt have been right to have her sing anything else. I do wonder why there was no tribute to Moulin Rouge though.

Archived