Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I sometimes think I hate her unfairly because she displaced Gabrielle, to some, as Max's true love. I was 12 when I began watching in 2001, and I got the OLTL coffee table book for Christmas (I was a...precocious young girl. :lol:) Seeing how much Gary Warner, who wrote the book, practically salivate over Max & Luna, and the Luna character itself, made my Gabby-loving heart seethe! :lol:

That being said, I probably should the character more of a chance. I DO love her scenes with Marty (I have a weakness for female friendship scenes, even if I hate one or even both of the characters otherwise--I'm sure that's a UO), and I think I actually would have liked her with Cord. And of course, her giving Todd his scar was a Crowning Moment of Awesome (TM tvtropes.org) for her. On the other hand, the very MOMENT I hear her say "Oh my Goddess" in a scene, it just takes me out of it completely. UGH.

But I'll bring it back around and end with UO:

Out of all the female characters on OLTL, Gabrielle remains my favorite, and Max & Gabrielle remain my favorite couple on the show, too. And even if the show forgets they ever existed for duration of its run, I never, ever will.

• Members

I loved Max and Luna (and Max & Gabrielle and Max & Megan) but my love of Luna had more to do with the fact that she was such a different version of women. Yes, she veered toward Mary Sue territory but I loved her nontraditional spirituality and the fact that she was physically active whether it's the skydiving or fighting with Todd she appealed to my proto-feminist side. That was so rare for soaps and for TV in general. Remember this was pre-Joss Whedon. Women in danger usually meant they ended up hiding in the closet or falling down when they tried to get away.

• Members

I just think that given GF's age and career it's obvious she's had more chances to shine than KM. Anyway, to each their own, I don't really care :D

Thank you for doing the math, my point stays the same.

I'm a he! :D

• Members

Oh I agree, and I'm not really comparing the two that closely. I'm simply saying that to me they have the same acting style. Both excel at that doe-eyed, innocent, ingenue type role. GF did it better back in the day but now with her being a 50something it no longer works.

• 2 months later...

Archived