Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't a big fan of Jason Cook. Or of Shawn. Period. I remember I rooted for Kyle Brandt's Philip over him. The biggest problem was that Shawn was so impulsive and did stupid things without thinking. Just like his father Bo, but it worked with Bo while it was just annoying with Shawn. JC's Shawn was too childish and petulant. Moreso than even Belle, and she was the one who was *supposed* to be childish!

• Members

Thanks P.J.!! I didn't have the courage to say that but you did!! The REAL Grand Dame of Daytime in my opinon is Mary Stuart. She has the distinction of never missing a day of work not to mention she was the first soap actress to appear pregnant on the show without having the producers hide it. Jeanne was good but her acting from everything I saw her in was pretty hammy and OTT.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

We're free!! LOL. I'm sure Jeanne was a lovely person. Maybe it's just that I've seen her on old westerns acting exactly the same---bitter old bitch even when she was much younger---that just sticks in my mind.

ONLY five? Well, maybe only five truly horrible...I don't quite get all the criticism of her either. You've got 30 year vets phoning in performances. She's nobly bland and boring, but it's not like any of the other actors in her story bubble are lighting the world on fire either.

• Members

Eh...BC is a little fresh air on a stale show filled with vapid hunks. At least when he's with MW in scenes, Morgan's a little flirty and fun, and Lord knows this morose, torturous show could use a little of that.

I think ABC really needs some kind of new actor guru to teach them the basics, like making eye contact, which really drives me nuts where BC's concerned. And I think every actor under thirty on this show would benefit from an acting coach. That girl Britt acts more in her five seconds in that Edward Norton commercial than she does in entire episodes of GH.

• Members

I don't know if this is unpopular or not...but what the hell.

I'm SICK of seeing tattoos on GH actors. I spent an entire episode wondering why ANYONE would have a flying goose down their entire forearm. Add to that Nik with his back done, Dante who's got crap over his heart and a tramp stamp above his ass, and Franco with that huge blooming heart or whatever on his shoulder, and it's like playing What's Waldo Got Inked Today? with the cast.

• Members

I disagree completely. BC is another cookie cutter lack luster actor in a long line of lack luster hyped actors who've been on soaps in the few years.

I thought this was unpopular. I never though TC's Nik came off as princely and the trashy tats definitely don't help. I've been seeing posts about Dante and Patricks bad tattoos for years. Why no one makes them sit in the makeup chair and get those covered I will never understand.

• Members

Soaps have a long, long history of hiring pretty people who will never be Olivier. If the "press" glom onto the latest flavor of the month kid because he stands a little apart from the rest of the younger actors on his show who are dour, self-righteous or just bored and boring, I can't really blame them. Did I think Craig was the best new male in soaps this year? No, my vote probably would have gone to Corbin Bleu. Or even that OLTL kid who played Matthew online. He was a jerk and played it more unapologetically. But there's no denying no male is going to look good stuck in the vortex of suckitude that is Kiki and Michael.

ICAM...I would make all of them sit their asses down and cover them up. I guess a goose would be more tacky than trashy, but I find all of them stupid. I just thought SON would be all "hells yeah, ink is cool". Hell, Patrick would be in bed with sleeves on, if it were up to me. Of course that conflicts with keeping half the day's male cast shirtless.

• Members
that's bc Britt isn't written as a bitch and hasn't been for quite some time. She started to cool down midway through her pregnancy. She was at her worst before getting pregnant but she's softened since becoming a mother and doesn't have a reason to be rotten (basically she isn't needed to prop Sabrina anymore). Britt isn't a villainous. She's a gray character who's more on the side of being a decent person now but has done awful things which she's trying to hide

Archived