Y&R: January 2013

• Members
The back rolls were terrible and very distracting.

I just watched the promo. Didn't Steve say he changed his hair to set Dylan apart from Jason? His barber didn't do a good job in that respect but he looks good and not as beefy or is it just me?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I HATE the new music/music cues on Y&R. Has this been discussed here?
This is JFP's doing, as everyone knows she thinks she's the media expert on music. Not only do I really miss the old music cues -- Y&R history -- but the new stuff is so damn LOUD it's ridiculous. It interferes with almost every scene, and all I can think of is "what the hell is up with the music?"
This new stuff isn't edgy and modern, if that's what Phelps is going for. It just sucks.

• Members

I have only noticed that the music is louder than usual. Rewatching old Y&R clips from the early 2000s made me remember when the show went through a horrible country music phase for several years. It did not matter how inappropriate the situation, we got country music so I am taking this musical change in stride.

• Members

The only good exception that I can recall from hellish country music era. Allison Krause is folksy country so it worked along with Thad's country style. As for the rest of the show, I don't know what they were thinking shoving country music down our throats, just another shovel of dirt onto their own coffin.

• Members

They have a music cue in Monday's US show which I'm sure JFP thought sounds so modern but seems really 90s to me. I don't understand why money has been wasted on these new cues when Y&R's existing archive of background music is so strong and does so much to lift a scene.

• Members

Gawd, no wonder these soaps are a mess with TPTB using them as a tool to carry their personal agendas; hiring their friends, promoting their hobbies and friends' music, pushing their bad musical taste. Another example is MAB promoting her love for modern art by having Victor and Sabrina walk around a modern art museum. Oh well, the show would probably be in even worse shape if TPTB paid full attention to them.

• Members

This has always been my problem with Nikki. I actually kinda like her and Jack as a couple, but for some reason she feels this need to run back to Victor, although he never shows her any real respect.

I'm so sick of Phyllis. The minute the next hot thing for her hits town, she's going to drop Jack like a Hot Potato!sad.png

• Members

I loved when Jack and Nikki were married that first time. He and Nikki were my favorite couple. I could not wait for Y&R to come on so I could see them together. Jack loved Nikki so much, I mean desperately love her, he worshiped her the ground she walked on. Victor has never loved her that way. I was crushed when she finally left him for Victor. Jack was also a great stepfather to Nicholas. He would spend time with him and take him to baseball games. It was when Victor realized how close Nikolas was getting to Jack that he decided to send him away to boarding school. I have always thought that Bill Bell made a huge mistake not letting Nikki have Jack's child. It would have sustained the tension and anger between Jack and Victor in a personal way beyond their business rivalry.

Archived