Y&R: January 2013

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just have to co-sign ALL of this. I don't watch the show these days because it is boring as hell to me and way too focused on characters I do not like nor care about, but I thought the show really missed the boat on not giving Nikki and Jack a child. It really would have presented years of great conflict that would have been far more organic than some of the contrived conflict they've come up with to continue this Victor/Jack rivalry.

Plus, Jack and Nikki were very popular. I think it's been sort of forgotten over the years, but they were incredibly well-liked. The premise of their relationship was really appealing to me, initially he was just out to get to Victor and she was just trying to prove she could move on and they actually fell in love (and yes I do think Nikki loved Jack - especially after the first miscarriage). Jack never wanted kids or marriage or any of that until Nikki and he fell completely in love with her.

• Members

So cool to encounter another Jack and Nikki fan. You are right people really have forgotten how popular they were. I remember they would get soap covers. I am always amazed when people say that they have no chemistry and that Peter Bergman is not a romantic lead. Jack and Nikki had gorgeous romantic scenes. Watching them fall in love was addictive and fascinating because it was so unexpected given how their romance started. Loving Nikki, changed Jack's life. He went from playboy to a devoted husband and father. I agree that Nikki did love Jack deeply. I think that he loved her so completely and was so devoted to her that she could not help loving him back. She just could not let go of Victor and all that drama. She would have had a far happier life if she had stayed with Jack, but then again that probably would not be soapy enough. If I had my way, I would have had Nikki go back and forth between both men for over the years.

Again, Bill Bell made a huge mistake not letting Nikki have Jack's child. Could you imagine Nicholas having a strong relationship Jack and Jack's son having a strong relationship with Victor. Jack and Victor would be at each other's throats fighting over their sons' love as well as Jabot/Newman and Nikki's attention.

Archived