Y&R: January 2013

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never really saw any great chemistry with Hendrickson and Miller. I thought it was a lot of smirky tics and stale one-liners.

I don't think Y&R has a lot of actors who care about chemistry. From the time Miller started I was jolted by just how little connection he had with anyone, especially the actors in the Abbott family. And he didn't have to even try, because all he had to do was make another Bozo the Clown face and the soap press would gush about "Killer Miller."

• Members

One thing that I notice that seems to be a positive move:

Lately, when I look at scenes, I'm seeing a lot less one liners and zingers as there were under the last writing regime.

With MAB and Hogan Sheffer (although sadly, I understand he's still at Y&R), almost every scene had descended to one liners and zingers, which made any scene with Billy or Adam nearly unwatchable for me because I could set my watch to how long between the next sarcastic remark.

At least now, I can get through a scene and see the point and the action of the scene without wanting to roll my eyes over some stupid crack. It still happens with Billy mainly but it is not as often.

• Members

One of the better episodes, warmed my Abbott loving heart. I love Jack taking charge at Jabot and the Abbott family working together again. Now we just need Traci, Ashley, Abby, and Colleen back. I hate Jack allowing the Jabot executives to continue dressing slovenly.

I am really interested in the Tyler/Leslie/Wheeler story now. They are all are vested in stopping the man from getting a new trial, probably for different reasons. Leslie and Tyler think the guy is guilty, Wheeler likely knows he is not. Redraic Williams (Tyler) is a real find for Y&R, beyond his delicious looks. He has some talent and is improving everyday.

Alex is so hot. Hopefully, Chelsea gets lucky soon. However, I don't get why he is bothering Noah when Nick told him to stop.

• Members

Sheffer wasn't canned yet? Billy and Adam's southern slang gets very annoying.

I was happy that for once John Abbott did not come to nag the hell out of Jack though I still think Ghost John makes way too many appearences and this showing up on a monthly basis doesn't work for me.

I loathe Abby so I'm not looking forward to her return. I don't know why they weren't allowed to recast.

• Members

I've been checking those credits and still I see Sheffer's name. And I haven't heard anything that mentions him leaving so I just assume he is still there (is it possible he is per diem or something?)

I noticed that John wasn't nagging Jack for once (lol). He only shook his finger once at Jack but not in his usual disapproving manner. He was actually encouraging. It was nice to be reminded that John wasn't always clucking at his children at one time on this show.

Whaaat?! I have read about DG dropping 'hints' about how he'd be great with other female actors, but I just assumed it was because he thought Lily and Cane might be splitting, but then again, I only read this around last year when CK was undergoing negotiations with her contract (I can't believe she is recurring, she seems to be on now more than ever!). I told y'all that I'm not 'in the know'.blush.png

I was trying to give CK the benefit of the doubt (even though I preferred Davetta Sherwood's Lily) but the more I read about CK, the more I'm left with the impression that she has some serious 'issues'.

Archived