Y&R: January 2013

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Christel Khalil is recurring? I did not know that. This is no good for Tyler in the long run, then again she is a crap actress so it is hard to believe that she is going to get a lot of other work.

Jerry Douglas looked sooo orange today. He has got to stay out of the sun or the tanning bed, especially at his age.

Burton is a shot in the arm for Y&R? RME. Please.

• Members
This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't think the show would ever really 'hurt' from the departure of one cast member, except maybe if it was someone like Braeden or MTS or Bergman or Stafford.

Rylan is just a fantastic addition to the cast IMO. She lights up every scene she's in. I can even look past the age issue because she's just that good.

• Members

Exactly. I'm have no intense feelings of dislike for Steve Burton, but he hasn't been been on the show a minute. And let's not pretend Steve Burton is to Y&R as Eileen Davidson is to Days, for instance.

• Members

This "shot in the arm" rubbish is the same thing that we got for years on GH from Burton's fans and TPTB. They insisted that his very presence was one of the only reasons that GH was surviving so it was okay that he could hog all that airtime with his piss poor attempts at acting, come to work out of shape, and refuse to take off his shirt. Well, his ego caused him to head out the door and know what, GH is A-okay. The ratings did not crash and burn. The show is chugging along just fine in its usual mediocrity. So the idea that Burton does or can bring anything special to Y&R is pure delusion. Y&R will continue to chug along in its own state of mediocrity with or without him.

• Members

Not rubbish or delusion, just my opinion which I am entitled to. If you don't agree it's OK. Not sure why it touches such a nerve with you or anyone else...?

It may (or may not, lol) surprise you that the only time I have ever seen Burton on screen is on Y&R. My first post about him was after Mac's convos with Sharon and Nick.

Have a great day!

• Members

We're in February now but I'll ask this here since it was brought up ... who does everyone want Lily to be? Christel's Lily doesn't work for most (myself included) and people either loved or hated Davetta's version (I liked it). So, who should Lily be? What type of character should she be?

Archived