GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Members

Same smile.png - and Mac and Felicia too, I can't believe I left them out! Any day with Felicia is a good day

I do like Olivia a lot too and will be so happy when she's away Steve and I can enjoy her even more. The other characters I either like alright, am apathetic about, or just hate (I'm looking at you Starr and Kristina).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Mac and Felicia but I'm generally indifferent about them because they're never on. I actually really like Olivia too! I like Dante and Lulu the best out of the younger set. I really do like most of the other characters - even Kate, but only when she's being OTT Connie and only sometimes. It's just none of them really make or break the show for me. Is it weird that I'm not sure if I like Maxie and Spinelli? They make me feel conflicting things. But yeah, Starr and Kristina are awful. The Starr part makes me especially sad since I've been watching her for so long.

Oh and how could I forget? I LOVE Elizabeth. When she's not on or being backburned, I'm also really pissy, which is almost always.

• Members

I want Robert to come back and get with Olivia.

I used to like Maxie and Spinelli, but the whole thing is just so played out now that I just hate to see them coming.

I liked Starr a lot more on OLTL. I have no idea why she's so insufferable on GH, but she is.

I always forget about Elizabeth. I'm back to loving her again. I was hating her during the Nikolas days, but I like her again. Of course now she's never on.

• Members

I don't know anything about the actor, really, so can't comment too much--but the fact that after going on about not doing many shirtless scenes out of respect for his wife or religion or both or whatever, that a few months into Carlivanti's run he was tweeting to fans pics of himself shirtless (classy ones taken with his phone in the mirror) seemed a bit desperate that he was trying to get a reaction from fans. I wouldn't be too shocked if JFP offered him the chance to move and he jumped at it. And to be fair, while I can't imagine him being a terribly versatile actor and playing a vastly different role on Y&R -- 20+ years is a long time to play the same role, he could see this as his last chance to really try a different role. But still the way he's gone about it is pretty... meh.

• Members

GH has been a great ride in recent months -- powered mainly by AJ's return, the Qs, and Robert/Anna/Duke/Faison/Robin for me. Much as I have been enjoying the show, though, a couple of problems are looming:

-Is Robert definitely coming back? Because this Duke, Anna, Robert story writes itself and NEEDS to be told. If OTOH Luke is going to swoop back in as Anna's new twu wuv, then no thanks.

-How long is Finola Hughes' current contract with GH? I don't know if I could bear her not being on the show.

-Characters are too islanded in a certain set of SLs, and it would behoove Cartini to mix them up a little. Like, Olivia should get back into Sonny's orbit IMO (or back with Johnny -- I loved them together).

-Is Kimberly McCullough going to keep popping in and out of GH in between her directing school schedule? Because while it worked with this last SL, I don't know how long it can keep chugging along in the future.

-Patrick cannot --- I repeat CANNOT -- get stuck in a SL with two little girl newbies. He needs an honest-to-god romance, and with somebody unlike Robin. Perhaps a bad girl made good? Kind of like when Robert fell in love with Holly back in the day. I also think JT is great with older females, so if Robin Christopher were back on the show, I would suggest seeing what chemistry Skye & Patrick have together.

-Elizabeth needs something and someone to do.

-What is going to happen with the OLTL characters? Are they going to be up in limbo for months going forward as we wait to hear if Prospect Park can embezzle enough investors to get some 15-min budget burps of AMC or OLTL up on the web?

• Members

I actually think this pregnancy story sounds good on paper and would be a great story if only the the other guy wasnt Spinelli. He completely ruins it for me. Had it been Matt there inserted in his role, I think we'd have a much better plot

• Members

I mostly end up thinking Lulu is a huge dumbass, although that's not new. Choosing a flighty, silly woman, one with serious health problems and a long history of lying and deception - she would have been better off choosing a random woman on the street. This seems like one of those stories that is just about stalling and stalling until a few overhyped reveal episodes, like that garbage on OLTL with Jessica and Natalie and their pregnancies.

• Members
All great comments and questions. I definitely think Luke will come back and try to "love" Anna. Robert needs to be the one in this storyline but I guess they have to have Tony Geary do something. Actually I'm fine with this as long as Holly comes back and is in love with Robert - not Luke. And Ethan (rumored to return) needs to end up being Robert's son as well. I'm getting bored with GH now but I assume they're saving their more exciting stories for February sweeps and the anniversary. I guess I can understand that. Patience.

Archived