GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Members

The 20 somethings suck, and if we are going to rid the show of any of them, we can strart with Strange Manning, Pippy Longstocking and The Walking Dead! Not sure if there is a place for Krissy right now as the show has no use for NLG or Alexis and Sam couldn't be more disinterested in her family if she tried. However, I'd like for Krissy to stay and get a story. I'd lke for Lindsay to do better so that she can handle the story. She has not been bratty in a long time. Starr is eating up too much airtime and KA is less than mediocre in the acting department. She was the center teen on OLTL and now she's the center young 20? I need someone who's at least pretty and can act, KA is 0 for 2!

As for the guys, wipe the slate clean and start all over because outside of Trey, there is nothing to work with. NOTHING!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Krusty and Eeyore are two of a kind, in that they are the most piss-poor college-aged characters that I've ever seen in my 20+ years of watching this show. Not only would I be thrilled if they were killed off (permanently), but I'd thank Ron a million times if they brought back 20-something characters that I actually enjoyed (i.e.: Brook Lynn, Georgie, Dillon).

I'll definitely agree with you about there being nothing to work with besides Trey (all the more reason why Ron killing him off is a bad idea), though I'd be fine with Ellie sticking around as well (as she's the only new female character in that age range that doesn't make me want to stab my eyes out with a spork). All Ron needed to do was steer Trey away from the sucktitude that is Krustina to give him room to interact with the rest of the canvas, but since that's moot, Ron can redeem himself by saving Ellie from that turd and allowing her to grow beyond playing second-fiddle to Minnie Mouse Maxie (UGH).

• Members

Perhaps I can't be objective here, but Michael's problem is Starr! Chad does not need someone who looks like his fraternal twin as a love interest, and he's lost all masculinity with this young woman. It's a bad match. I had no questions about Chad and his ability to play Michael until KA came along. Now, instead of her being his love interest with him driving stories, he's hers! That's crazy! The only purpose Michael now serves is to give Starr a purpose, and that's sad because he is the great/grandchild of legacy characters!

• Members

I have to strongly disagree here, CH, as Eeyore has been a problem since the night that he was conceived. So much progress on this show was undone on account of his worthless ass - only to have him grow up to be a shitty skidmark on the rusty pair of drawers that this show became. Although I'll be the first to admit that AJ has accomplished the impossible in making Eeyore tolerable for minutes at a time, there's still a ways to go before I'll ever accept him as a rootable character that is worth investing in (something that I don't think will happen before this show inevitably ends).

As for Starr, her biggest flaw is having terrible taste in guys, which is why I knew that her pairing with Eeyore would stink to high heaven as soon as it was announced. No amount of cutesy talk or soul-baring moments will ever convince me that this is a young couple rooting for when the girl's sole purpose is to support her jackass of a boyfriend. I'm not at all looking forward to him finding out that she knew about Todd's role in the baby switch because this will result in her groveling for his forgiveness instead of standing firm about her decision to stand by her father.

• Members

I CAN'T with Spaxie doing the do literally an hour after she was told she'd miscarried. Aren't her nether regions tired from the trauma?

Ellie a broken heap on the ground, unable to move and begging not to die -- as she dies -- was really disturbing.

They had a mega car crash and didn't take the opportunity to bump off Michael, Kristina, Starr and Connie as well? I'd have been more than happy to see Hot Johnny [© Virginia Hamilton] walk away from the whole pile-up with a shrug and a "wasn't me!"

Betty la Fea acts like child with the whole "D-D-D-Dr. West! You're nekkid!"

Todd & Carly were unexpectedly hot and tender. I am stunned that a soap actually took the time to put together an honest-to-God love scene. When he kissed her against the door or against the wall :wub: damn. I would love it if Blair was on the show -- that would be some triangle.

• Members

Cat,

In all my 32 years of watching soaps, I don't think I've ever seen a love scene quite like that, and like you, super surprised that GH took the time to do it. It was everything, and I can't even begin to pick my favorite part. It's absolutely impossble! LW and Roger told a story with no words! It was all kinds of greatness and reminded me that "love in the afternoon" really did exist once upon a time. My god, that was awesom!!!!!

• Members

I wasn't expecting to see a lot of different emotions in one scene. Under JFP, the love scenes were quicker and one-dimensional, even between TB's Carly and Lorenzo (a pairing I really loved). Once a love scene was set into motion, it was all about the black underwear shots and some dodgy background music to make up a montage. It felt a bit cold and empty and rushed.

With Tarly, it started with a kiss against the door -- then they broke off as they tried to compose themselves, almost like they were embarrassed about having shown how into each other they were. It's been a while since I saw a love scene on a soap portray a "sweet" emotion like that, and with two characters I always felt were way too abrasive, no less! And later when Carly pulled away to breathe and try to hide how unexpectedly nervous she was, the scene stepped up a notch with Todd kissing her neck. They really took their time with the neck-kissing bit because they can't show everything on Daytime and I guess this was what GH wanted the audience to take away from the love scene.

I have not always been impressed by Valentini's production choices on OLTL but I must say here, the production, lighting, direction and unobtrusive background music were excellent.

Archived