GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I forgot to mention, by allowing that into a contract, where does it end? Not even the most specific contract would be allowed to violate Maxie's right to medical privacy. Look at Lulu? She is hounding this chick like crazy, and I believe in some cases, this is probably very realistic. Would you want Lulu, who is this desperate for a child, high strung and very emotional to have your medical information at will?

• Members

Well, it needs to end at the point where Maxie is able to NOT tell them that the embryo they financed to have implanted in her on "good faith" has been miscarried. To me, regardless of if it's Maxie's body, that is where the line should be drawn. Maxie volunteered and chose to go forward with this even after Lante gave her a number of chances to back out. The fact that she goes ahead, miscarries, lies by omission and then f

Please register in order to view this content

ucks Spinelli the same night is way over the line. This is now in the realm of deceit and, to me, you don't have a right to deceive anyone that is coming to you with the best of intentions. Yes, Lulu is a pain, but it's not out of anything but zeal for the baby she thinks she's having. She's not all up in Maxie's business just for the hell of it it. She's invested, literally, in Maxie carrying this baby. I can't fault her for that.

• Members

I take personal offense to this story because I've seriously thought about the prospect of surrogacy in my own life... like had discussions with people close to me about this. Granted, I decided against it, but still... to know that this could very well be legal sickens me. So, this means, according to this theory and at its extreme, the surrogate could change her mind, terminate the pregnancy and I would never know because I'm allegedly not privy to this information. That's horrible and seems to be giving the volunteer way too much control over the people who FINANCE this. Sorry, I really can't like Maxie after this. I've always hated Helium Maxie, but this would bother me even if it was my much preferred Jen Lilley Maxie.

• Members

YES! Which is why I feel there needs to be some protection for the Falconeris on this end. They came at this with the best of intentions and should be met with the same in return. They sought out applicants, got funds from eager family and even gave of their own. It's Dante's sperm and Lulu's egg. It's not like they're just waiting on the sidelines to adopt Maxie's baby she had with a one night stand.

Archived