GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Members

I'd like to see Johnny defend himself as well, but he can't because he's such a collosal punk right now. If Johnny fights back, we can't see him for the bad guy he is because we are supposed to be sympathizing with him. Johnny Z was a POS, but a lovable POS before Ron got his hands on the character. This whole thing played out horribly. It's very believable that Johnny would have done the things he did, but the rest of it was pure ridiculousness. I think when they decided to keep BB, it was also decided that we had to feel bad for Johnny (coughRobertFordcough). Bad move!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On another note, I've been bouncing around the idea of a recast Lucky coming back to town (since I refuse to accept the possibility that one of my favorite characters won't return to reconcile with his father before GH leaves the air) in my head since JJ is otherwise occupied with a primetime show (that I surely don't want him to leave in order to return to a show that is on the verge of cancellation) and considering whether Michael Graziadei would be a solid choice for the role.

I've heard that his last years on Y&R were marred by terrible writing, but I'd be open to giving him a chance to play Luke and Laura's son since I did enjoy him onscreen back in the day. Bonus points if they sparked up a relationship between his Lucky and a recast and returning Maya Ward (as played by the fabulous Davetta Sherwood) - a missed opportunity if there was ever one.

• Members

Rent is rent. There are only so many CSI and L&O you can book, you know. If the timing was right and the offer was right, I think Graz would go back to soaps. He certainly has been careful not to burn his bridges there.

Regarding the idea that he might play a Lucky recast, I'd say -- only if he cut his hair, shaved and took a shower. I don't need Lucky to look like an addict living out of a dumpster (JJ, I'm side-eying you, too). And only if he promised not to speak "Oirish." Lucky should always have a sweetness to him that JJ once exuded (and Greg Vaughan did, too) and Graz looked sweetest when Daniel was in love and married to Lily, with short hair and clean shaven.

I don't think he would be cast as Lucky, though. Why? Tony Geary. TG is loyal to JJ -- he is actually one of the very few actors on this show he is loyal to. Geary would want to hold out for Jackson to reprise the role. He put up with JY partly because JY gets along with most of the cast and crew behind the scenes. But he didn't want GV fouling up the "deep method" he got going with JMB, JE and his chewtoy EP. rolleyes.gif Unless Graz blows him away in the audition, he'd probably be against it.

But I would *love* beautiful, heart-shaped face and almond-eyed Davetta as Maya.

• Members

Geary still has some pull. He's playing nice because not so long ago GH was staring over the brink and everybody's job was on the line, and Cartini have since given them a stay of execution. But he's still got his holiday entitlements, he is the "symbol" of GH to many and if Genie Francis is not yet signed to GH, that might possibly be because TG has something to say about it. BTW, FTR I'm just speculating with that last supposition about GF.

• Members

I don't see the point of Lucky. The only one in the family who has a role is Lulu, who is apparently there to be a baby-hungry dumbass who entrusts her child's future to a mentally disturbed woman with a long history of lies and health problems.

• Members

Hey, it wasn't JJ Lucky's fault that he was written as a down-and-out alcoholic that could barely tie his shoes, let alone bathe himself. Dude simply committed to portraying the terrible writing and that meant looking, well, down and out.

I don't think that giving MG a Lucky Spencer makeover would be an issue, as you're right about him looking the most adorable when he was with the Real Lily.

As for TG's loyalty to JJ, it's one of the reasons why I haven't completely written him off (as I'm with him 110% when it comes to his view of JJ as the Real Lucky Spencer). However, JJ has moved on to the greener pastures of primetime and unless he's willing to pull double-duty, it is likely that he'd be recast if Ron were to bring Lucky back (which he damn well better) before the show ends. I'd hope that TG realize that and give a new Lucky a fair break (provided that he was talented and charismatic enough to portray L&L's firstborn).

With AI gone and not likely to come back to this show, I'd love to see Davetta Sherwood as Maya. Not just because I've missed her onscreen, but because I think that she'd fit in as a proud Ward that mixes it up with the Q family. Furthermore, she'd definitely be able to keep up with Jane Elliott by trading barbs with Tracy - after all, my Vicky taught her very well. ;)

Archived