DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those scenes of Will and Sonny arguing, not sure who I wanted to smack more. Sonny said a lot of things to Will that many viewers have felt for a long time and I get that Sonny is as frustrated with Will's melodrama as the rest of us, but I wanted to smack Sonny for picking an awful time to kiss Will and not man up to WHY he did. Even not knowing about Will's encounter with T, there was nothing about that moment that said "this is a great time to kiss Will", sitting on the ground crying is not the look most people give when they want to be kissed and instead of telling Will he likes him more than a friend, he calls Will a closet case. I would have reacted the same way as Will had I been having a bad day & someone I thought of as a friend kissed me like that. I think I had the same "WTF" face as Will when Sonny said "I knew you were gay the moment I laid eyes on you."

And when Sonny said "You know what a friend told me once; that when you're gay and you break up with someone you have to do it twice because they don't hear you the first time. I'm starting to think that applies to you coming out as well. " So apparently having Will's coming out drag on for nearly a year wasn't long enough, Gary and Chris think Will needs to come out again.

I still don't get WHY I should root for Sonny and Will to be a couple. We saw Sonny acted concerned for Will yesterday (and other times in the past), but we've never seen Will be concerned for Sonny. But what did that Brian guy say as soon as he saw Sonny in the coffee shop. "Sorry to hear about your uncle Jack". Will's to self-absorbed to even realize Sonny just lost a family member (and isn't Jack his uncle too by marriage?). That Brian guy is quite hot, If Sonny's wants Will so bad, just have Brian roleplay and put on a blond wig. tongue.png

I think about the only time I'm enjoying Will now adays is when he is with Marlena. I liked those Marlena/Will scenes.

And did Maggie really try to set up Daniel with Jennifer JUST after learning Jack died? Can someone smack HER?!

This Stefano/Ian/EJ stuff is a mess, but at least they're making EJ a Dimera again.

• Members

Tacky tacky tacky to have Maggie pushing Jennifer/Daniel together not a week after her husband's death. Yes, it's obvious that Jennifer didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about Jack, but it's still heinous writing, especially since Maggie herself needed time to mourn her husband before she moved on.

• Members

Because those Will and Sonny scenes made zero sense.

There was once upon a time I actually likes Rafe and Sami. Now I remember it was when she and he were in the Safehouse together and they hated each other. Funny, Sami is only entertaining in hate mode.

Please don't tell me there is a Nicole, Daniel, Jennifer triangle coming.

• Members

Sonny and Will have absolutely NO CHEMISTRY. Zilch, nada. They came across very asexual wih no spark or glimmer of anything. Please just dont even try to go there.

Speaking of Sonny, I thought it was wrong of him to lash at Will for not being as comfortable and open with his sexuality as he'd like him to be. Its really Will's choice how he wants to live his life

Ugh, hated Rafe manhandling Sami and her having flashbacks of their earlier days. Please just dont go there again

Double ugh to that candy striper gushing about Daniel.

Can I just say how ANNOYED at the show for not killing him off?

Finally Will is interacting with Marlena again

Didnt Kate say she was leaving to go see Roman about Ian's slip up last week? WTF havent we seen this scene yet?

• Members

I'd rather them just be together and have Rafe be miserable for the rest of his time in Salem to be honest. I have no more tolerance for fake heroine Sami who denies who she is in every relationship she goes into. Have Rafe be shackled to her and cry his eyes out when she "betrays him" or "does bad things" again and then have him come back for the same punishment as he always does. They can be Lumi 5.0 for all I care. But I want EJ away from their catastrophic relationship, not the writers bringing him into their stories when they need a token bad guy to force this contrived hero/heroine relationship to work like they have been doing. I'd rather EJ just abjure himself from Sami in the long haul until she comes to her senses and realizes who the hell she truly is.

Can Nicole pop the baby out already and give EJ his kid? I'm more interested in this upcoming potential custody battle then anything concerning the war for Sami between Lucas, Rafe and EJ.

• Members

One of the many, many failings of Will's story is that they did show him accept his being gay relatively quickly. He went to gay bars, had gay friends, and never questioned himself once he finally came out. His suddenly being written as being in denial again - for no apparent reason - makes no sense.

• Members

Really? Will struggled with his sexuality for MONTHS. It wasnt a quick acceptance. I think he lived vicariously through Sonny, finding him as a comfort bc he wasnt ready to accept who he was and he was also very confused about things. He made being gay a bigger issue than it was and was surprised to see what a non-reaction he got from most of the people in his life as they all accepted him. Roman seemed to have a slight hesitation but that was minor and he never rejected him. This week however he faced his first bout of rejection in the form of his best friend T, insulting him, making him feel ugly about his choice and flat out rejected him. Thats not something Will has had to deal with before. Him questioning his sexuality makes sense given what just happened there.

I dont think its about him questioning it, bc he knows he's gay. He is just scared and not ready to face the negativity and hate associated with beign an out homosexual. T's rant was a huge slap in the face and wakeup call that unfortunately the world isnt as accepting as Salem USA. He hit alot of points as well which probably hit home when he told Will that his family and friends might not say it to his face bc they dont want to be rude, but behind his back are dissapointed and ashamed of him. He is feeling a bit of uncertainity now about the signals he projects and is ALOT more self aware of how people might percieve him and thats a direct result of T bringing attention to it. Makes sense to me

Archived