DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

I guess Lucas could acknowledge, "Yes, I escalated this" -- but he believed that he had evidence that gave EJ motive for a murder. He believed that it proved EJ's guilt and would send him to jail. I don't think it's a rational leap to think, "Well, if I turn in this letter, my son and his mother will be FORCED to aid and abet a fugitive!" Obviously there was a petty, cocky undercurrent to him doing it, but I don't think he was in any way responsible for what Sami and Will chose to do. If anything, he believed that by turning in the letter, he'd prove to them that EJ couldn't be trusted.

(And I can't remember whether Lucas knew this or not, or at what stage, but Sami's evidence "clearing" EJ was garbage. All that video proved was that he had gloves to throw away in the first place! Whether or not someone picked them up and planted them in his apartment to frame him, he still had the damn gloves. I get that Sami and Will believe in EJ and chose to take that as evidence enough, but it wouldn't convince the police, nor should it convince someone like Lucas who has good reason not to trust EJ.)

Because Will and EJ were the only ones who tested positive for gunshot residue. Everyone else was cleared when their tests came up clean. Which was crappy writing, but it still happened.

BTW, I like that we're debating/discussing the actual content of the show and not just how sh***y it is. :)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He definitely should have listened to Will and Sami and acknowledged their feelings, he shouldn't have said damn whatever they think and do what he did. Their reaction was an equal reaction to doing what he did. Had he not have done that they would not have felt the need to re-actively protect EJ since they already believed he needed help and was being framed. Lucas played his cards the wrong way. Had Lucas not escalated the situation none of this would have been put into motion. He needs to take responsibility for the effects his actions have caused. He doesn't get to take this out on Will because Will reacted a way Lucas didn't want him to. Will already told him how he felt about the situation and Will already didn't like Lucas for abandoning him and going after EJ and not letting him make his own choices. Lucas is in a situation of his own making with Will because he disregarded that. He doesn't get to demand people react the way he wants them to react, everything he is getting now is because of things he decided to arbitrarily commit and chose to do against the behest of his family. He has to face those consequences for that whatever they may be.

I don't think Will was acting stupid, Will was reacting to a situation his father constructed and Lucas doesn't get to be mad at him for the choices Lucas forced them all into making. He also doesn't get to try and control Will and make him do things he doesn't want to do because Lucas thinks it's best for him. That's what that entire conversation came down to today. Lucas wanting to control Will and make him do what Lucas wanted him to do and not what Will wanted to do. Will not being the "man" Lucas wants him to be. Lucas doesn't get to make that choice/decision on how Will, himself chooses to live his life and he needs to get that threw his head right now. I'm glad Will cut him down for that.

Exactly, he didn't care or consider the feelings of his family and others and now he is receiving payback because he forced others to make decisions they would not have had to make if he did not turn in the letter, that was apparently forged anyway.

He knew that both Sami and Will were on EJ's side. It's irrational for him to believe they would stand by and do nothing to help remedy the situation when Lucas purposely put him in harms way. Lucas knows who Sami is if nothing else and he knows that Will is down to do anything EJ wants to do. He realized that well before he turned in that letter. Again consequences of his own actions. Lucas is not young enough, nor naive enough to not know Sami (and to a lesser extent Will).

It's not about responsibility. They are all adults, as is Lucas. He should have been aware of what Sami and Will would do though. They certainly weren't going to let EJ rot in prison when they believed he was innocent.

I would have agreed with you, had Sami not been jumped, assaulted and robbed so the third party could get the final copy of the video file. That should have rung at least 12 thousand different alarms in Lucas head that something was wrong. Add to this that Lucas himself even admitted that he would be fine with EJ being set up because he felt it would be better for his family and he wanted EJ to be in prision regardless of if he did it or not. It's as clear as day that Lucas didn't give a damn if EJ was innocent or not. He was maliciously trying to put EJ in jail by any means necessary which makes him no better then Rafe, Roman or Ian in this particular storyline. Lucas doesn't care about justice. Sami and Will did. They are not the bad guys in this story here. That's Lucas and his petty need to see EJ in jail, even if he is innocent. Lucas only cares about bringing EJ down, he doesn't care what he has to do or commit to, to do that and we saw that with his discussion with Sami.

• Members

Wow the way Lucas went in on Will was downright awful

I hope EJ gives Stefano hell for his treatment. Id rather he reject him at first wtih Stefano trying to win over his trust and love

Yuck to Rafe and Sami bonding

Loved Bo and Hope busting in on Stefano but really that should have been the cliffhanger, not EJ walking on on Sami and Rafe

tumblr_m962hx0cUp1qismxyo1_r1_250.png tumblr_m962hx0cUp1qismxyo2_250.png

tumblr_m962hx0cUp1qismxyo3_250.png tumblr_m962hx0cUp1qismxyo4_250.png

• Members

Any time a show becomes as heavy handed as in this case it has with the poor poor Will, Sami, and EJ has,, it always makes me root for the opposite side. I'm not even a Lucas fan but he was spot on yesterday. But Lucas can't win. If he would have caved he would have been accused of being a doormat, and now he's accused of being abusive because he yells at Will. For once someone calls Will on his selfishness and Lucas is somehow the bad guy.

• Members

Will is a bit of a mess right now. I see nothing wrong with not wanting to go to the Horton house right now. He can go once he's cooled down and there's not a crowd. I thought it was good of him to realize that it's best he not be around other people now especially Jen and Abby as the garhering at the house should be about then and not his issues. Lucas should have respected that and left him alone. I thought he was an overbearing ass yesterday and it's clear he's pissed at Sami and taking it out on Will instead

As for the letter, Lucas made an ass out of himself bc EJ didn't kill Stefano. Will chose to stand by the man he believed to be innocent and he was right. Lucas can take his misinformed self righteous indignation and shove it. He's the one that pushed Will away and it was bc of pure jealousy and pettiness. Him turning that letter over without talking to Will first wasn't about protecting him. He is jealous that Will actually likes EJ and is close to him. He saw this as his chance to get EJ out of his life even though Will doesn't want to lose EJ

Archived