DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Depends on the story. I hated this story as soon as Will started terrorizing innocent kitchens and as soon as some clever (fired) writer decided he had to be the new Sami. Nothing I've seen has made me change my mind. I think it's the worst major gay story ever on a soap.

• Members

Totally agree but I was so pissed at Will today. Why not tell Sonny about what T told him.?? Will is so Sami.....its all about him...I mean Sonny has been there for him since day 1 and if Will didnt know why Sonny kissed him then he is clueless. I do wish Sonny had told him how he feels. I hated the whole taking advantage of me crap Will was spewing out. I was hoping Sonny would have told Will to go to hell.....was just hoping...never happenned...sad.....

Will goes to Marlena and he calms down and wonders if he still has a friend...hello Willl he kissed you.....he wants more.......

Was so happy to see Sonny flirting with Brian....yes Brian is hot.......Will seeing them would have been much better had Chandler Massey...ummmm....ACTED....his reaction to seeing them together was awful....all the time with his awful storyline with EJ really fucked up his acting.....ruined that scene for me....

Sonny needs to throw dump Will to the curb......

• Members

The problem with Will living vicariously through Sonny is that during that time Sonny and Will barely interacted. When they did, Will treated him with contempt. The show put Will into EJ's orbit and shut down everything else. There's no going back.

• Members

Will has pretty much treated him like a doormat. I still remember when he totally ignored him when Sonny wanted to hang out with him. I mean anytime Will needed an ear besides Marlena it was Sonny to listen. I thought he treated Sonny like [!@#$%^&*]. I say dump him Sonny. He is not worth your time.

• Members

Sonny and Will interacted quite a bit before he came out. There hasnt been as much since he re-entered EJ's sphere in the last couple of months, but he and Sonny were onscreen together alot before that. I remember commenting on how they dropped any connection Will had with his former best friend Chad in favor of showcasing him then with Sonny isntead

• Members

I mostly remember him whining to Sonny, but since Sonny had no life beyond a few brief appearances by gay men, it never felt vicarious to me. They took pains to make sure the characters weren't too friendly, like making sure Will wasn't at Sonny's coffee house opening.

• Members

I don't get why Sonny likes Will. Why a gay man who's totally comfortable with who he is likes someone who's hostile and just a repulsive person as Will is. What on earth is so attractive about Will to Sonny? Brian is so much nicer and hotter than Will. He and Sonny should be a couple.

• Members

He should! WHY does Sonny even like douche-bag Will? Why should I as a viewer root for Will & Sonny? Will has never shown any concern for Sonny at all. We saw Sonny acting all worried trying to find Will, but did Will ever think about Sonny? First thing Brian said to Sonny was sorry about your uncle Jack, yet I bet that never even entered Will's mind.

• Members

I get what they seem to be going for -- a hard reset to last fall. I suspect this is EXACTLY the story that was going to be told in the fall of 2011, except since Will already came out, they have to backpedal on that a little and make him fearful about "acting gay" or acting on his feelings. I can understand why everything's happening on an intellectual level, but it all feels very forced and abrupt. Although in a way, it does patch up some of the MarDar holes, like how Will was apparently hanging out at The Spot all the time even though we never saw it -- I liked how Sonny called him on it really being just one night, how he hasn't actually made a move to get involved with any guys, etc. I also liked that they dirtied Sonny up a little. This was the first time he's seemed obnoxiously pro-out, like, unsympathetic to anyone not just being out and proud. Some flaws could be a good thing. Although I tend to give these writers (all of them) way too much credit.

• Members

Typically, the most exciting time for a head writer (/ing team) is the first month or so. GT & CW are off to an incredibly underwhelming start. DRT & MMcP really didn't bother with wrapping up DH's stories beyond those rushed rewrites, but GT & CW literally are just jumping into their content--it's very jarring. These Will & Sonny (and the Will and T) scenes should've had a week's build, or at least a few episodes, not two. We've had maybe three scenes of sexual tension with them, but ya, we needed to be provided with more motivation from Sonny.

The rest of the program is a sh*tshow for real. DRT & MMcP were inept at plotting, building, and structuring a story, but they grounded the show and provided it with some much needed substance (before stuff started getting SO freakin' random in Feb.) . . . and now I fear GT & CW's material is going to be random AND superficial.

• Administrator

So Ivette is Ian's mother - did we know that before? I guess Ian was suppose to be a Dimera and that's why he went after Stefano's family. And who's Paolo?

The repairing of Dan/Jen - I knew it was coming and was dreading it, and now it's here already. :(

The Sonny/Will scenes were awful too. They're just nothing rootable about them as a couple.

I wasn't disturbed by the Rafe/Sami scenes. Sami was trying to get away so he handcuffed her to a chair. It's not like he has a history of violence towards her like EJ does.

Archived