DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sami and EJ have a more complicated relationship then that and there has always been a love/hate relationship with them since 2007 so it has more varied beats then what's expressed there. I can understand the push and pull attraction that both characters face considering how much they are alike from one another, and Sami is no innocent princess considering the stuff she has pulled has been similar to EJ's wrap sheet.

Rafe is nothing like that, he is a hero, mans man all the way threw and it makes no sense for him to forgive Sami considering the fact that she cheated on him with a man who imprisoned him for months and then lied to him about it. The fact that the character decided to become Nicole's baby daddy and then courted Carrie as a way to pit himself against Sami at every turn just shows that at his core despises everything Sami is in terms of her true personality.

This is the reason why Sami doesn't work with heroes. There is a longstanding tradition with this one, she isn't a heroine. She plays the innocent, sweet, woman when really she is nothing but that's why her men all at some point run screaming in the opposite direction and try to shack up with respectable women after her and deride her for being manipulative, evil and scum of the earth like the always do. All of Sami's men shame her for her personality and that's why Rafe wouldn't work for her and never did. Sami being devious and underhanded is probably the truest version of the character there ever was and it's a shame that they tried to white wash her over the years by making her play house with Rafe, when that obviously isn't the true version of the character.

I don't mind GG, I would take him over BD any day of the week in terms of leading man status -- but him and Sami considering the character's core position as an everyday hero, doesn't make any legitimate sense to me. He would give nothing to her in terms of story, she would only be his trophy wife who can't be a trophy wife. Sami is not Jennifer, Belle, Hope Carrie, or Marlena and she never should have been.

• Members

Under Tomlin/Higley it was St. Sami, so when they paired cop Rafe, whos family was invading Salem (similar to the Bradys arrival) and with Sami being the damsel in distress I could see some serious parallels between Sami/Rafe and how Roman and Marlena first got together. Hell, wasnt there also a fake Roman, just like fake Rafe?

• Members

As Jennifer mentioned, she has gone through Jack dying several times & didn't know how to react this time. Personally I liked the slow way they went into Jennifer breaking down. I thought MR played it very well, the scenes where Jennifer was looking through Jack's personal artifacts were heartbreaking. I wish they had picked up on Friday's show what happened w/Jenn after she broke down.

• Members

Suzanne Rogers I think is suffering from deteriorating acting syndrome. That scene with Melanie in the hospital was painful to watch and SR was completely unbelievable as anything other than an actress reciting dialogue in a ham fisted. No one on earth behaves the way Maggie does in scenes like that. And speaking of Maggie, has no one bothered to call her about the widow Jennifer?

I thought Eric Marstolf did good work learning Madison was dead and having a hard time dealing with it. Drake Hogestyn I think needs a touch up with his hair or a new shade of hair dye, because it is a little distracting. Lucas is of course going to take Sami back, fool that he is.

• Members

highlight for spoiler

According to SOD, Kate talks to Billie and Lucas about her relationships with Ian and Stefano next week.

As AllMyDays said, it was a conscious decision on part of the writers. On Thursday, Kayla, or maybe it was Adrienne, said Jennifer didn't need to be strong. It was pretty clear TPTB wanted the audience to wait for Jennifer to breakdown.

On Thursday, Jennifer wondered who in her family knew about Jack's death. Julie said she was going to get in touch with Hope and Maggie.

• Members

I have a feeling with Molly's exit, Suzanne's screen time will greatly diminish. And to me that's a damn shame, because Suzanne is a treasure and one of the last links to the Days I loved. The thing I hope does work in her favor is Gary Tomlin likes the character and the actress...

• Members

Why? Its not like Melanie was contributing to her airtime at all this year. Ever since Melanie was revealed to be her granddaughter, they barely interacted with SR only having 21 episodes up till the July counts. Thats an average of 3 episodes a month. You think Molly being gone is going to bring her down to 1, 2 or maybe even none? I really dont see her exit having a signifcant effect on her screentime bc she gets none as is

Archived