DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

They've barely interacted and when they do Will treats him like trash.

As for the scenes today - those Will/Gabi scenes were a ridiculous pity party. I still have no idea what Will is so upset about. And the scenes were played as romantic, not as a gay man deluding himself into being with a woman. If we have to hear about how poor Will tried to turn straight, and Gabi as the schemer, I'm going to roll my eyes.

While I could say hey, it's nice that we're not going to have to have a story about Will being drugged or tricked into sex, it also muddies a lot of the long-suffering gay victim routine which they are now reviving with Will. It doesn't help that Massey had more chemistry with Camila Banus than he's ever had with any man on the show, unless you count his endless smirking with EJ.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the Lucas/Will scene was great -- because Lucas made valid points and Will was supposed to come off badly. Lucas essentially called him out on all the asinine crap he's been doing for the last six months. All of that worked really well for me. Also loved that they are playing Lucas as a Horton instead of some floater who is "Sami's man" and "Kate's son."

The subtext of the T/Sonny convo was very good, too. Sonny clearly was about to say that he thinks T is a closet case, and T knew what he was going to say, and that's why he punched him. I don't think T ever has to come out (or that we have to see it) for any of this to work, though I might not mind seeing that play out. (But I do hope there's more of a beating if this is supposed to be a big deal. Otherwise Sonny basically got punched in the face, which is not very nice but also not that alarming.)

• Members

I could care less about Wills drama. I think the story should be between Sonny, Brian, and T. Those 3 seem to click.

And those scenes with Will and Gabi did play out more romantically than I expected. I was actually shocked to see that CM and CB actually had some chemistry because I've never noticed it in the past.

Frankly the rest of the show including the poor Jennifer scenes was a huge bore and that includes EJ, Stefano and Sami and Rafe

• Members

Yeah, I think Brian has shown more affection and attention towards Sonny in the two days he's been on than Will has since Sonny arrived in town.

I agree, the set up to the Gabi/WIll stuff was awful, the execution was awful. I don't know if it ws CM's acting choice or the director's, but it did appear more romantic than "gay panic" or whatever DAYS is trying to sell.

• Members

I hope Stefano eats some crow in regards to disinheriting EJ. I'm glad that EJ isn't just going back to him after everything he put him threw.

I like that Will is standing up to T and schooling him by play slapping him. He definitely overreacted in regards so Sonny and Brian situation.

Why is Lucas screaming at Will for the fact that he did the right thing and helped EJ not get railroaded by the cops? Lucas needs to deal with his own inferiority complexes about EJ on his own and stop putting this on Will. Will did nothing wrong. This is not about family loyalty, it's about Will not doing what Lucas wanted him to do which was denounce EJ and turn him into the police. It's Lucas' own fault Sami did what she did in the first place, had he not implicated EJ with the letter she would never have had to run away with him. He is where he is because of his own actions, he doesn't get to yell at Will for that. I'm glad Will gave him hell and made him feel like he was 3 inches tall

I wanted Chad to mess Gabi up. Can't stand that ho.

• Members

I don't know. The way the soap community seems to divide over gay stoyrlines, I can't imagine how a bisexual character would be viewed. I think it's a great idea. Human sexuality is not as black and white as some seem to think but on a daytime soap with writers with limited vision, I don't think it would work.

• Members

Okay, so T is the guy with the back east accent who stormed in with the "fairy" business? The two guys who were talking, who is who? At any rate, what I really came here to comment on was how ridiculous all of their hair looks.

So did Will and the girl

or is that to come? She seems kind of bratty and annoying and when I flipped back from two or three commercial breaks it looked like she was still saying the same thing. But I thought it was kind of nice when they kissed. The actor playing Will did some good face acting as he went in for it.

• Members

But did Will really "do the right thing" by helping a fugitive escape? Will believes that EJ is innocent, but Lucas has no reason to believe that. Why shouldn't Lucas have turned that letter in? It gave EJ a clear motive for a murder that, as far as Lucas knew, had been committed. I think it's an oversimplification to say that Lucas should just be fine with what Will did.

And it's not that I think either one is "right" -- it's that I think they both have valid POVs given what we have seen onscreen. Lucas has every reason not to like or trust EJ, and he found evidence that implicated EJ in a crime. Will has been mooning over EJ and wanted to believe in his innocence, so when EJ and Sami came up with prove suggesting he'd been framed, he helped them. They both valid (if stupid) perspectives on the situation.

Agreed. It didn't look "romantic" to me -- it looked like "Um, I guess I'm going to do this now."

(I hate that I always wind up defending this stupid show on this board, BTW. I promise I make fun of it plenty on my own time.)

• Administrator

I totally disagree with that. Of course we know that EJ is innocent but the people of Salem don't know that. EJ had the motive and means to do it. Even though we know EJ is innocent, he became a fugitive once he ran away. Lucas had every right to lash out at Will for helping EJ escape and helping Sami abandoning her children. Will and Sami committed a crime so of course Lucas should be mad with that. Lucas was also right by saying Will should go see his family because someone died which outweighs whatever Will is going through. Will can't even go see Jennifer and Abby for 5 minutes? Lucas was point on today.

• Members

My main point is that Lucas is in this situation of his own making. He knew Will didn't want him to turn in the letter and he knew that going threw Will's stuff was wrong and implicating EJ was something both Will and Sami disagreed with. He pushed them into reacting by choosing to do what he did even though he knew they both wouldn't agree with it. He needs to have some accountability here in terms of both Sami and Will reacting to the situation because of something Lucas pushed into action. He doesn't get to yell at Will because Will was reacting to what Lucas did to them.

Because it wasn't his letter and Will asked him not to. He destroyed his relationship and trust with Will (that he was already on shaking ground with considering Will already has issues with him) once he did that and he deserves whatever anger Will has to throw at him for it.

It's not about "being fine" with it. It's about the fact that Lucas should acknowledge the part he played in both Will and Sami's actions. He is not a victim here, since he aggravated the situation and pushed into another level.

That's because both Roman and Rafe have been gunning for EJ from the very beginning and haven't been doing their jobs because they are a corrupt police force.

As did half the town, yet EJ is the only one implicated aside from Will.

Not really, since he pushed all of this in motion and forced them into choosing sides, instead of just staying out of it and letting things fall into place. He can't play the aggrieved party when he contributed to the outcome of the situation. He wanted revenge on EJ instead of discussing things with Sami and Will and he is now reaping the consequences of his actions.

Will is self-centered, but he is also in pain and he needs to work out his pain before he is any good to anyone right now, least of all a grieving family. He is in no place to help Jennifer or Abby right now. Will can't help anyone right now, he can't even help himself.

• Administrator

It wasn't Will's letter either. Lucas turned in evidence to the police. What was he suppose to do? Let his son continue to blackmail EJ? I just don't see how Lucas was the wrong today when he called Will out.

Huh? I'm sorry, I just don't understand that concept. He does get to yell at Will because Will was acting stupid by helping EJ, and by not wanting to go see Jen and Abby.

• Members

I have never seen the Will/Sonny chemistry. Sonny annoys me. Will has had chemistry with both Chad and EJ and I think all of that was unintentional. Since Chad and EJ aren't gay, I would just cast an actor to play a gay version of either EJ or Chad and then see what happens.

• Members

So Will smirks when he sees Sonny with Brian?? Really?? CM needs to get rid of his smirking acting. I loved the scenes with Lucas. So glad Lucas told him off. Now we get him and Gabi in bed...ugh.......and after that we see they are distraught...but later for some reason in previews in spoilers...

Really??? UGH

I was pissed Sonny said he would wait for Will.....If I were Sonny Id go after Brian...a hot guy just wanting you....dumb Sonny

T looks gay as hell now...lol....is that all the bashing?? I mean it was just a punch.......

I hate how Sonny is going to so easily forgive Will for treating him like s hit again.

Archived