DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Lucas was turned into Austin 2.0 I hated him for a long time and was happy to see him written out by Higley, but now that I'm watching again Lucas is becoming one of my favourites again. He was great with Will, telling him off for being nothing but a brat. I'm not some big Massey fan, but I think both actors did great in that scene and it's one I totally relate to and understand where both were coming from.

So far Tomlin and Whitesell are doing pretty good. I even liked Rafe and Sami, which I kind of hate myself for. I'm still angry at most of the exits, as I usually am with every new DAYS regime, but I'll get over it. I just hope they keep Lucas out of Sami's romantic orbit and actually let him do something. His scenes since their re-arrival have been a great start so far.

• Administrator

They appeal to people who like misogyny. But I don't think you have anything to worry about EJ/Sami being endgame. As long as T&W are the Head Writers, I don't think we'll be seeing much of this EJ/Sami nonsense.....at least that's what I'm hoping for based on what we've seen this past week.

• Members

I aint gonna lie....I still like T

NOW Kate tells Roman about Ian. Didnt she say she was going to the station to see him last week? She casually runs into him at the Horton house instead and decides to tell him? WTF?

The only thing worse than a self righteous Lucas is a self righteous Rafe

How lame to open up the show NOT picking up on yesterday's cliffhanger. I wanted to see Bo and Hope react to seeing Stefano

Billie: "When you get back, Im going to be here waiting for you and we're gonna get right back to it" sad.png

A7F7P.jpg

She looks hella old. Chicken grease is not good for the skin

I say the only thing left they can do with Gabi is make her completely psycho. Its too bad Melanie is leaving bc Id rather she be exposed by Chad with Mel hating her with a full blown feud. Maybe they can make she and Abigail enemies. They should have Gabi embraced the crazy bitch inside her and stop being so fake. Then they can write her out in a bang

EJ and Sami wub.png

Nicole insistence on keeping EJ from his kid makes her SOOOOOO annoying

From yesterday

tumblr_m97v2xMSHI1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_m97v2xMSHI1r9c8mno2_250.gif

tumblr_m97volgBLb1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_m97volgBLb1r9c8mno2_250.gif

tumblr_m97vegqvVK1r9c8mno1_r2_500.gif

• Members

Agreed. I didn't see the point in that statement either. I don't like EJ and Sami because I am misogynistic, I see them as the couple that makes the most sense given their likenesses and similar characterization. I would rather them be together because it's the lesser of two evils, I could just as easily not have EJ with her. Ultimately for my sanity I would rather they be together so that way I don't have to see round 29 of Sami pleading her case as a good girl while the guy renounces her for all of her evil and bitchy ways. It's tiring as it has happened with Lucas, Austin and now Rafe for 15 or so years now. If there was another character who had darker shades to them I would be fine with Sami being with him, but as it stands the only reasonably grey character on this show is EJ, as Days is literally teeming with white knights. It's clear as day that Sami doesn't work with heroes, it's useless pairing her up with them.

• Members

I'm still shocked that Lucas is the bad guy. His daughter is twins with EJ's son because EJ threatened to kill Lucas if Sami didn't sleep with him. Lucas went to prison to cover for WILL shooting EJ. Sami ALSO shot EJ...but since Sami and Will now have mutual crushes on EJ, Lucas is supposed to not care?

• Members

Threatened to kill Lucas or said he wouldnt help save him? I think theres a big difference there

I think Lucas has every right to be mad at Sami. They are in a relationship and she pretty much abandoned him and her kids for another man who she is getting romantic with.. I dont think I'll have much of an issue when he yells at her as she deserves it. As for Will though, Will did nothing to him. He didtn deserve Lucas being such an a-hole to him

• Members

I agree, that is an important distinction that is not made in these discussions. That's also one of the reasons why I don't believe what happened between Sami and EJ was rape, because EJ was not obligated to help Lucas in anyway, especially considering the situation EJ was put in precisely because of Samantha's scheming actions. EJ did not owe anything to Sami or Lucas that night and I am tired of them acting as victims of EJ when they both made choices regarding that situation 5-6 years ago.

As to Will and his issues, I respect the fact that he isn't going to Jennifer and Abby and making things worse for them. He obviously isn't in any position to care for others right now after he just had a blow out with his friends, his mother is on the run and he just experienced an earthquake a few days ago. He needs time to heal on his own and his family should give him that.

laugh.png

Archived