DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Gabi the poor victim who hired a person to kidnap Melanie and hold her hostage because she wanted in Chad's pants.

I agree with this, the only people who have actually given a crap about Will in terms of interacting with him on a daily basis, speaking with him and giving him their time, and actually interacting with him on a deeper basis the past couple of months have been EJ, Sonny and Marlena. That is truly all. The rest have been peripheral figures in his life at best and at some point that comes down to the choices they have made. Will has looked for maternal and paternal figures else where and he has found them in other people, his devaluation of his mother and father has been appropriate and is cited well within the context of the show with progressive story threw out the bulk of this year to corroborate his feelings toward them. You can hate Will, but still understand how he has come to these conclusions in his key relationships. Sami and Lucas have some blame here as well.

• Members

I'm not sure what this has to do with Gabi's crimes. It has to do with Will treating everyone like garbage. She told him that she had almost gotten someone killed, and he shrugged and used her for sex. Not only is that a bizarre reaction, but also a very selfish one.

• Members

I find it hard to see Gabi as a victim in these circumstances or Will as the big bad guy who preyed on her and used her for sex in her weakest moment. I just don't see what happened to Gabi as Will using her, considering all that she has done I don't see her as the victimized party in this situation. She could have said no at any point, and she didn't. She used Will's body to forget about her problems just as Will used Gabi to forget about his problems. That was my main point. Gabi is no Pollyanna here.

• Members

He just interacted with Marlena this past week and he is on friendly terms with Gabi even as she's been a deplorable mess. He could have easily ripped into her and rejected her but he hasnt judged her and has been a source of comfort when she has needed him. I wouldnt say he used Gabi as it was mutual. She's no victim

• Members

The problem is this entire story is about how Will suffers and how everyone hurts him. We can't say, oh, well they used each other. The show wants Will to be seen as the ultimate victim. How dare Lucas/Sonny/etc. not see how wonderful he is. His behavior onscreen doesn't match up to the writing. He never cares about anyone (besides EJ).

• Members

He only interacts with a handful of people. The people he doesn't hate are the people he just doesn't care about, like he didn't care about Jack dying, and he didn't really care that much when he thought most of his family had been killed (aside from yelling at Sami).

• Members

Those Will/Gabi sex scenes were a first for daytime, in that this is the first time someone who is supposed to be openly gay is shown having sex with a woman without being miserable, drunk, drugged, etc. They were done as passionate (if desperate) scenes, and they didn't cut away immediately. On OLTL Fish had sexual relationships with Leyla and Stacey but at that time they weren't writing the character as gay. (when he had sex with Stacey the second time, after realizing he was gay, he was drunk and we never saw any of it)

Normally I'd say hey, it's nice to get away from cliches, but I wonder if NBC is testing the waters and seeing if they could pull off having Will as bi.

• Members

I don't understand the backslide into Gabi, but T returning to town did mess with his head and then Lucas piling on just made him feel like crap. He should have just gone down to the Salem Gay Bar and hooked up with that guy from Pretty Little Liars, but Tomlin and Whitesell appear to be just ignoring everything from the last year, which is why I'm surprised that Nicole is still pregnant.

• Members

I still say he's just doing this in a desperate effort to try to shove himself back in the closet. The way I'm seeing it, he sees his being gay as causing him nothing but problems, so he's dealing with it by throwing himself at his ex- in hopes that sleeping with a woman will make his problems go away. I'm sorry, I don't get all the hate for this story. It makes total sense to me right now, and I like where it's going.

Archived