DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Compared to the past year, this has been high art.

As someone said before,MarDar committed the biggest sin of all: they were boring. This past week has moved at lightning pace, but it's felt more alive than Days has in a long time. Characters are interacting again in an organic way (Daniel and Cameron should have absolutely been in work scenes together at the hospital before now), and I'm seeing less and less of that blasted town square. It's nice to have, but I'm glad they're using other sets again.

I also think they're wrapping up this EJ being framed story rather well, under the circumstances. It's a lousy story, but something like that doesn't just get sorted overnight, and I think TomSell are trying to use it to set up something good down the road. I think the main thing I'm liking right now is simply that everything has direction again. It's hard to get excited about a story when it's either going to disappear for 6 months and get resolved in one episode, never to be referenced again, or have all the action happen offscreen.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did Will just call Sonny a ho? blink.png He's positive Sonny moved on cause he saw Brian wipe cream off of Sonny's face? Is that third base for the gays of Salem? laugh.png

Why is Sonny so hung up on Will? Stop turning down Brian, Sonny take him up on his offer, move on! Maybe next time, Brian should try wearing a blond wig and see is Sonny turns him down then.

And Gabi's line to T about Arizona's immigration laws was awfully....random.

• Members

Nicole thinks Daniel could be her soulmate and is now fighting to get him to be with her? PUKE!

Maggie vs Julie over Nick is like Grandma Wars the sequel

I cant believe the new writers are completely ignoring the stuff the previous writers did like the fact that Jen and Jack were divorced. Everyone is referring to Jack as Jennifer's husband, when they were engaged to be married and never tied the knot again.

• Members

I'm glad Maggie is backing her grand daughter here. Because she is right. The Hortons should not be bullying Melanie to stay silent for Nick's hearing. She should be able to say her piece of mind and do what she wants to do about the situation that effects her, since she was the victim in that situation. She should not be worrying about if she is going to lose the love of her extended family over something Nick did to her in the first place. rolleyes.gif They are unbelievable and Julie can point those sharp Cruelle De Vil shaped eyebrows towards people as much as she wants. I honestly, couldn't care less if she is offended.

• Members

The problem is Melanie NEVER felt like a victim at the hands of Nick, ever. This is a stupid rewrite to prop the bitch and it's ruining Maggie in the process.

On the positive side, the only really unwatchable thing happening right now is Daniel / Nicole, which is just pathetic. Everything else I'm finding enjoyment in.

• Members

I swear they just showed a flashback the other day where Melanie hugged Nick and forgave him for everything. She even spoke at his sentencing on his behalf...

Nice to see Kate mention Will..It'd be nice to actually see that relationship.

Auntie Wars between Julie and Maggie is the most Itheyve given Julie to do in years, I'm pleased. Maggie sucks though. Go AWAY.

Glad to see Sonny punch T in the face.

Nic and Daniel will continue to be FF material. I'm glad we got a glimpse of the old Nicole though in her brief scene with Sami.

• Members

I get the idea that the story is supposed to be about Melanie's fragility and how she's projecting her pain on to what happened with Nick. They've written Nick as being remorseful and never suggested he is a ticking time bomb. I think the story is that ultimately Melanie will realize she has to move past what happened with Andrea. I'm just sorry they have done a poor job showing Maggie's position.

Archived