GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jill had a huge hand when it came to directing, and that's been evident at every soap she's producer. All one had to do is look at the difference in directing technique on GH post-Jill.

She has her faults, but her eye for the aesthetics was never one of them. I'd gladly take her production sense over Valentini's any day of the week.

• Members
I'm going to give Kelly Sullivan the benefit of the doubt here. I don't care for her Kate but I don't think she's a horrible actress. I think she's a mediocre actress getting poor direction and I blame that on Valentini. There are too many similarities to some of the performances on GH to OLTL where some of this cartoonish performing worked in some cases.

• Members

You're right - I just think of before our saviors arrived, when people were still panning her work.

Now people seem to enjoy her, because hey, nothing is funnier than a child killer. Talk about lowest common denominator from FV/RC. I never imagined we would be expected to spend day after day guffawing over the comedy of a dead child.

• Members

True, Sullivan should be directed to modify her performances and maybe take it down a few notches because it's incredibly cartoonish... but she should be aware, by this point, that this is television -- not theater -- where subtlety reigns. She's not been subtle AT ALL during this storyline. I just think it's a case of they gave this chick too much, too soon. She wasn't even that good at portraying Kate Howard, but now they want her to portray both Kate AND Connie inhabiting the same body as they switch back and forth? She's clearly just NOT that good of an actress. She's too busy mugging for the camera and having epileptic seizures to indicate "Uh oh... Connie's coming!"

Archived