GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

By that time Guza was writing Scott to be a single-minded villainous prosecutor who was going after the poor mobettes because he was being vindictive for no other reason than his own fame and fortune. I always wondered why they never brought in the Karen aspect, but I guess that would have given Scott another dimension he was not allowed to have.

I hated that Guza did that to Scott when I had such great memories of him with Dominique and also with Laura.

• Members

By the time PC went off the air, there were only about 100 of us watching it, isn't that right? They were probably not expecting a huge uprising.

I used to watch PC, but only because it came on right after I got home from work at night. It was comic relief before I went to bed.

• Members

I used to love One Life more than GH but the shows are just so different that I don't see the point in merging them and in the first interview Valentini gave, he stated that they would first be focusing on GH and worry about crossovers later. GH needed a lot of fixing before they even considered a crossover.

• Members

It would have made more sense for ABC to merge ABC/OLTL instead of outright cancelling both. Both being Nixon soaps, they had a more similar vibe and tone.Being that the towns are relatively close to each other, crossovers wouldnt have felt so contrived/forced

• Members

Oh ok I never knew this laugh.png my tweet is really dumb now.

Re: Carlintini caring about soaps: I'm just going by what I read about them as a team from other posters & their interviews; I like the fact how Ron started for the most part from the ground up; I stopped watching their show quite a few years ago; I didn't like how they wrote Evangeline Williamson so along with many of her fans I bailed. I can't comment on how badly it was written/produced esp since it has been said repeatedly Brian Frons was all in it... Carlivati said (in a dc podcast a couple of years ago) that he sat down w/Frons with his outlines then it was tweaked .... then approved (I assume).

• Members

I agree the problem started at PC, killing Karen off for no reason other than the fact that Marie Wilson was not being used. But, GH had stopped aknowledging plot points on PC and vice versa. These shows had seemingly existed in separate continuities. A fact still not rectified since GH's cancellation.

BTW Cheap, I love the picture of Lisa Rinna in your profile. It is a great shot; I wish she looked like that on air.

• Members

Yeah the producers job is to handle production. That heavily consists of editing the show, handling the budget, overseeing casting, overseeing directing, set design, etc

Ron started off not qualified for his job from the get go. He started off as a laywer not a writer. And if they get the Frons past so does Guza and so does GW yeah no excuses they just arent good at writing/production.

• Members

I thought the EP was also the showrunner. Some of the stuff the HWs get blamed for should land at the feet of the EPs.

It was always said that Frons micromanaged OLTL less than GH and AMC because he hated OLTL and wasn't interested enough to control it. If that's so, then Cartini get even less of a pass.

• Members

At the end of the day, GH was spared, in part, because of Cartini's involvement in that otherwise comatose soap. Their inclusion of the OLTL characters (which I'm well aware of it being a ploy) was a great move, as well as vindication for those whose superior soap was cut short while the most inferior of the three got to (inexplicably) live on.

And, well, I'll straight out say it - the presence of John, Starr, and/or Todd is the only reason why many are tuning in in the first place, as we consider this current soap to be an empty vessel that Cartini have them allowed to play the next chapter of their lives out in. Should Cartini foolishly rid the show of the OLTLers, it's a given that many like myself will take their viewership with them - and I'm sure that is the last thing that they'd want.

Archived