GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Members

I think she's a far better producer than FV but her handling of pets and firings and show direction is not her strength. I do think over the years she's done a good job with younger or greener actors. I know GH used to have acting coaches on staff under her. I just don't think today's soap environment is conducive any longer to helping actors develop or do better. As for Lexi, shes young so I doubt anyone is going to pay much attention to a teenager.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the record, I don't think she's as nearly as terrible an actress as some say she is and will even go as far as to say that she is a victim of the OLTL-hate bandwagon that everyone and their mother is on. (Then again, as I've stated before, I don't watch soaps for the sterling acting talent.)

Like you, I watched Starr grow up as the child of one of my favorite soap supercouples, so I, too, have a soft spot for her. Would I be as invested in her if she wasn't the child of T&B? Nope, but I wouldn't find her nearly as loathsome as some do.

That said, I'd much rather watch her college-aged character than the abuse-accusing brat that preceded her on this show.

Agreed. I'm still hoping that he can bring on the musical guests in the same way as he did with OLTL.

• Members
Im most definetly NOT on the OLTL hate bandwagon and think her acting on this show is atrocious (not tha it was much better on OLTL). The scene the other day when she was supposed to be "crying" while expressing her pain and anger to Michael at his place was cringeworthy especially as no tears were coming out of her eyes. She's really not that good

• Members

Actually, if you read interviews it was JE and TG who trained Berman and NLG who trained Ainsworth. For the first few years of Berman's Lulu, she never worked with anyone but the greats. Directors bring talent out of actors. Producers don't have that role.

• Members

Argh, my eyes, my eyes! Totally cringe worthy. That girl has absolutely NO talent. She cannot act, sing, dance, or be sexy. On top of which, she is weird looking. She is lucky that ABCD has no judgement or she would be unemployed.

Archived