GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MW...oh how I missed her. She was phenomenal in the role and had such charm and appeal. She actually had chemistry with MB and I loved the way Kate carried herself under her. The character currently is a hot mess and a complete waste. KS only does alright when she is playing Connie and thats bc I dont take her seriously and view her as the joke that she is.

• Members

See i thought Megan Ward was a good actress and the character a breath of fresh air compared to the skanks (sorry) the rest of the show highlights. She was gorgeous and had an air of sophistication about her. Of course a pairing with Sonny is a death sentence so when that went away so did she. And she was the type of character I knew would never last on the show. I think they wanted to trash her up a bit and make her more Connie from Brooklyn than Kate from Manhattan so they recast. And the recast just never caught on.

• Members

Oh, SHUT THE HELL UP! This is getting tired, this martyr complex you seem to have when it comes to OLTL and FV/RC vs. GH and Guza/JFP. Here's a newsflash... People who actually WATCHED General Hospital the last 9 years Guza and Phelps were in control were NOT giving praise to the writing and acting. There have been NUMEROUS complaints about the lack of respect given to the true actors on this show and the true veteran characters of this show. There have been NUMEROUS complaints about Guza's "hack" writing. There have been NUMEROUS complaints about JFP's heartless treatment of actors and characters of a certain age and/or era.

Nobody is giving anybody from the OLTL transplant camp any less or more grief than they gave the failures from GH's permanent camp.

THE FACT IS Starr Manning and all of her tearless crying and drama haven't added anything more to this show.

THE FACT IS Frank and Ron haven't performed magical wonders and restored this show to its former luster.

THE FACT IS Frank and Ron are incorporating every single aspect they'd brought to One Life to Live to General Hospital -- and fans of General Hospital who didn't like/watch OLTL are noticing that and are complaining based on the concept that this show is NOT the General Hospital they know and is turning into a show that they didn't watch for a reason.

There is no "bandwagon." Nobody's "hating" on FV/RC GH and their OLTL transplants because it's the trendy thing to do. It's based on the fact that the GH audience was sold a bill of goods and are not seeing the show being treated with respect -- especially during these waning 18 months left (thanks to the alleged reprieve). When they were told Anna Devane was coming back, they didn't expect her to basically NOT GRIEVE for her dead child. When they were told Robert Scorpio was coming back, they didn't expect him to ditch his dead daughter's funeral. When they were told Holly Scorpio was coming back, they didn't expect her to stand in one spot for a week's worth of shows. When they were told that Carlivati knew GH's history, they didn't expect him to write Luke and Anna as best friends when they barely know each other, nor did they expect that Mac would suddenly be referred to as Maxie's uncle -- repeatedly -- when he's actually her stepfather and ONLY father she's really known and referred to him as such for YEARS!

So, please! Get off the cross! Please accept the fact that GH fans DO have reason to complain and be disgruntled over the OLTL transplants (character and production wise) and their lack of consideration to WHAT this show is! Hopefully, RC/FV will get their act together over the next 17 months... however, until then, people have legitimate reasons to be dissatisfied with these people running this show.

Archived