GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me neither. I know Kate was referred to a lot off camera, but I don't ever recall feeling "Wow... where is Kate? When's the last time Kate's been on?" Then it was announced the recast was in place and I was just like "Um... why?" :blink:

However, I think they wanted to give Sonny a woman after Brenda left because, of course, Sonny can't survive without having a woman to put his baby maker baton in for more than two weeks at a stretch. So, I think it was just a lazy attempt at giving Maurice a new partner without having to create a new character.

• Members

lol...but there was still Olivia who was brought on as Sonny's first love but they never went there with them. Im surprised those two hent been paired up after so many years on the show bc it seemed like an obvious route after she was casted and Kate was pushed aside

Shock value aside, what was the point of Kate announcing that she was Connie Falconeri on the witness stand? She hates that name and identiy and flips out whenever anyone refers to her as that. Especially with her knowing that she has an alter that goes by Connie thats doing freaky things w/o her knowledge, her using that name now seems odd. The only way it would make sense would be if Connie had taken over but that didnt appear to be the case in court

• Members

RSinclair, I agree...I was happy for Carlintini to come to GH ... I never thought like some they are the rock stars of soaps...but I believed they cared a lot about this genre of storytelling so that was a one up on Guza who I never got that impression. But starting off straightaway with the OLTL crossover without at least tackling GH is my major complaint. its not a bad concept to crossover but personally? I think this will be more about OLTL down the pike...the crossover characters will not stop; Tea isn't the last. I was surprised discovering there are a lot of GH fans who did not watch OLTL (like me) & vice versa. The ones I'm coming across are not that enthused re: the crossover but are still watching the show.

He edits too he tweeted a couple of weeks ago that he just spent 10 hours editing & I tweeted back I didn't know you edited too I have to check to see if he replied sometimes he does.

• Members

We got lots of Sonny mommy issues back when Ric first came to town before they redeemed Ric a/k/a turned him into an excruciating bore by pairing him with another excruciating bore, Alexis. I would like to be able to erase from my memory the scenes where Sonny and Ric were in Martha's Vineyard when Sonny threw Ric down the stairs repeatedly. Ric was nothing but Sonny's mommy issues. So was Mike Corbin, for that matter. Lieutenant Taggert sometimes entertained us with Sonny's mommy issues.

Even though Sonny never did a damn thing to rid himself of those issues except get drunk and throw barware, we spent a ton of time watching him go through them. I think we were supposed to be seeing the human side of Sonny instead of the monster. Sonny will always have the ghost of Karen Wexler looming over his shoulder no matter what they do with him.

• Members

Karen, she died via car accident on PC didn't she? Don't you mean Lily and the baby? They didnt really address it under Ric just used it as an excuse for Ric to be mad at Sonny. I'm talking about instead of Deke flashbacks al lthe time, finally having Sonny sit down, realize his mother wasn't a siant and couldn't stand on her own two feet and that he's just like her in that aspect.

• Members

Karen may have died on PC, but on GH she was a teen, the daughter of Scott Baldwin, when Sonny got her hooked on drugs and got her to strip in his club. That was before they decided to put a coat of polish on Sonny and make him all shiny and new.

• Members

I wish that they never aknowledged Karen's death on GH. I do not think the Baldwins appeared on GH to mourne her.

By this time, GH and PC were so far removed in terms of continuity. With cancellation of PC an innevitablity, Karen would have fit back in the GH canvas well for being pretty far removed from the supernatural stories. It would also have given the character of Scotty more viability and dramatic foil to his destructive streak.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YH9MaZif5ds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived