GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I said this before but I think it should be repeated, what else is there? GH doesn't have anything else going for it but the mob. The hospital is completely irrelevant, the Quatermain's dismantled, the Spencer's and Cassadine's are on their last legs if not out right extinct, the Webbers and Scorpio's are there in name only, there is nothing left of this show but an empty husk. GH is the mob, that's the only story there at this point. They've driven everyone else away.

• Members

Then do a better job using what is there. The story for Sonny is lazy as hell and Benard is phoning it in worse than ever. The story with Connie is a sick joke. Bringing back the Franco story solely to give Sam the story Natalie had in OLTL's last years is unpleasant and depressing.

They have taken bad characters and made them worse.

• Members

I'll definitely agree with you about the show tanking since 1999, but the difference between what I endured with Guza and what I see with Cartini is that the latter is writing entertaining soap while the former was far from being that. Again, not an opinion, but a fact.

As for child-killing being a joke now, that's an ironic statement, considering that the killing of Jake (a WTD contrivance I didn't even care about in the first place) was an awful joke of a storyline that blatantly jacked the far superior BJ/Maxie story. Last I checked, the brilliant mind behind that was Bob Guza.

Nope, it's a fact.

Guza sucked and there's no denying that, despite the blatant attempts to rewrite or canonize his history of this show's hack.

• Members

The storyline sucked, and I think it is one of the tackiest, nastiest stories ever on TV. But I don't believe we were supposed to laugh. We are actually supposed to laugh at Connie killing a young man and a toddler.

• Members

Here's my question: is Frons still around and actively "involved" with GH? If he is, then it might explain why GH continues to suck. If he has, er, transitioned already, though, then it proves only that some hacks don't need a micromanaging freak from on high to come up with a crappy "vision" for a particular show.

• Members

This is ridiculous. This conversation is going in circles.

May I enter into evidence the fact that this week in this thread has brought pages upon pages of discussion about the Emma actress, her parents and their ethnic background -- and now pages of "discussion" (if you can call Obsessive Fangurl Trolling a discussion) of Magic Cartini vs. Regimes Past... and very little discussion about this week's actual shows, themselves? If the material on air was actually entertaining, I doubt these side conversations would monopolizing the thread.

• Members

BRAVO! The fact that regimes are being discussed more than the actual show speaks volumes! Too much time is spent defending The Destroyers and the shitfest they have created! Cartini should have come in and hit the ground running. Instead they repeat Guza's crap as they change the GH characters to fit the OL format. I've watched 6 minutes in over a month, and that was all I needed to see. I hardly recognize the GH characters, and the lighting on this show is absolutely blinding! I need shades for this crap! Anyhow, it's abundantly clear that Cartini are not the regime to helm GH as they don't know or care about its characters. They see this extension possibly given by ABC as a second shot at OLTL. I'll pass!

My intent wasn't to prove your point, but I needed to get that off my chest, and add: the little time this show has left s/b about GH and not a OLTL reboot! I hope GMA Summer does well!

ANDREA

Archived