GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Speaking of the Jake story...Does anyone else remember how there was an "unidentified" car on the road with "no license plates"? I feel like they're going to bring that up again and say someone crazy like Colleen Middleton (remember her?) was driving that car and is the one who REALLY hit Jake.

• Members

lol she was a relatively unimportant character from the late 70's who was friends with Lesley Webber and knew Bobbie and Luke. She wasn't on for very long, but neither was Ilene Manning and RC dug her back up so.....Expect to see Sally Struthers on your screens real soon.

• Members

So basically Colleen is obscure and irrelevant? I wouldnt say its the same as Irene's name was utilized several times over the years and she wasnt quite as obscure considering her backstory factored heavily into 2 of the show's biggest plots

• Members

I don't think they intended for people to laugh at Jake's death (even if some may have since the whole thing was so terribly done). We apparently are supposed to laugh at Connie at all times.

I don't think it's about Kelly Monaco - the story is mostly about hiding how worthless Jason is. They did the same when Susan Haskell and Melissa Archer had to play out the same damn story to hide how worthless John was.

I'm more annoyed by Heather's obsession with disgusting Luke, and the idea that she or PodAnna would want to go near him.

How is Steffy the last soap bitch? She is written as a heroine, aside from going "cha cha cha".

• Members

I don't think Guza wrote Jake's death to be funny in any way. That's not a story Guza wanted to write but he was forced to by Frons. Frons wanted to clear the deck so Sam could have Jason's only child. He thought if he killed Jake and fired Rebecca Herbst, it would be clear sailing for his pets.

You're probably right about Kelly Monaco. Everything on GH is about propping totally worthless men – Luke, Jason and Sonny especially. I'm sure John McBain and Todd Manning will get their share too. They're all such heroes. Ugh.

• Members

Jake needed to be out of the picture. His very existence was ten different kinds of insulting, it was the conception that never should have happened and was demeaning to all the characters involved who were forced to observe the saintification of Jason's sperm/lineage and go bat crazy over the child.

• Members

That's nothing new. Guza likes to redo past stories. He revisited BJ's heart story when Kirsten first got into the role as well when she needed another heart, and Maxie didn't want to have any heart but BJ's.

Archived