Overhyped Daytime Soap Actors and Actresses

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't have said it better myself, though I'll add that I'd hardly compare this to, say, Sonny's decimation of Claudia at her birthday party (which was truly a misogynist's wet dream). Liz had been punking Lucky for years and he eventually broke by verbally bodying her (while saying almost everything that I as a True Lucky fan had wanted him to say for years).

Simply put, January 25, 2010 was the day that Lucky Spencer got his backbone back.

• Members

Except that, while what Liz did was wrong, what right did Lucky of all people have to call her out on it, when he did the EXACT same thing to her several years earlier with HER sister? Some would call it sweet payback. And I always laugh when people say Liz cheated on Lucky with Jason. That marriage was over. She ended it, and gave back the ring. Yes, they may have gotten back together later, but she broke off the marriage and sleeping with Jason was not "cheating." And even if it was - why is she the one who gets all the blame, the one who is called a whore, when Lucky had been engaging in an ACTUAL affair for MONTHS prior to this?

It's unbelievable...

• Members

I guess I must've been watching a different GH because I saw both agreed to move past their prior infidelities in order to rekindle their relationship. If one was unsure, then one should've either spoken up about that or should've declined to be in said relationship instead of moving forward (and eventually hooking up with their fiancè's brother - especially when they're well aware of how tenuous their brotherhood was in the beginning).

Some can call it unprogressive, I call it responsible decision-making.

• Members

They agreed to move past it WAY later. Elizabeth left, I vividly remember her going to Audrey's house while Audrey and Liz stood inside and Lucky stood outside in the rain banging on the door, begging her to take him back and she said it was over. And for her it was over, and she slept with Jason. It was only after that that she agreed to take Lucky back.

As for her sleeping with Nik, it was wrong...But why does NO ONE remember that Lucky slept with Sarah while engaged to Liz? And why is Liz a "whore" and a "bad person" for sleeping with Lucky's brother, but Lucky is the second coming of Christ for calling Liz a whore. That's a hypocrite, in my opinion.

• Members

I mostly thought it was interesting that Lucky admitted the only time he cared about Liz was when she was bleeding from a rape. That was it. The only time. That isn't getting back at a cheating woman - that's admitting an extremely disturbing and vile view of a woman's purpose. As soon as he could no longer "save" Liz, he was sick of her.

Self-promotion is part of what keeps actors going. I don't see them doing anything that shocking.

• Members

Are you seriously bringing up decade long ago crap that Liz and Lucky got passed back in 05' up in a discussion about the last two years of Lucky and Liz's relationship? Straw man argument if there ever was one. blink.png You know you are on the losing side of the argument when you got to go back 10 years to make what Liz just did in the past few years less awful.

To put it plainly none of Lucky's indiscretions mattered once Liz chose to forgive him for sleeping with Sarah and Maxie, and took him back and agreed to stay in a relationship with him in the long haul. Liz immediately became in the wrong once she found out Jason was the father of the child she told Lucky was his, and once she chose not to tell Lucky that she slept with Jason while they were still married. From that point onward Liz was in the wrong because she was LYING TO LUCKY ABOUT THE PATERNITY OF HER SPAWN WITH JASON. How does this not make sense? Lucky came clean with all of his problems and BEGGED Liz for forgiveness for his trespasses while Liz drug him threw the mud for cheating on her, while she acted like she was never cheated in their marriage, while she acted like she was perfect. Then the ho did the same thing with his brother after they just went threw hell with the Jason/Jake lie.

At the end of the day Lucky gets more sympathy from some simply because he tried to rectify the situation, and tried to show Liz he could be faithful and that he could be trusted again, all the while Liz was lying to his face and dreaming about her one night stand with Jason. I won't even get into the Nikolas bit as that was just pure trampery. Lucky gave her endless outs then and she still chose to treat him like garbage.

Liz took Lucky back as soon as he checked himself into rehab and she forgave him as soon as he begged for her forgiveness for the most part. Yet she still chose to lie, emotionally cheat with Jason and then lie about the paternity of Jake, and more. I don't care about the Sarah thing or the Maxie thing though, because Liz forgave Lucky for that long ago. Not to mention the fact that Lucky was addicted to pills so that wasn't his true personality, he was hooked on depressants and had sex with Maxie simply to get pills because he was dependent on them but that's not even the biggest reason why I was on his side. From 06' onward Liz was a disgusting tramp and she treated Lucky like a dog and the way Herbst played the material was dreadful. Liz acted like she was disgusted with Lucky because he wasn't Jason and she acted like she never wanted him to touch her after she slept with Jason. To be honest she deserved all the horrible words Lucky threw at her then. Why? Because everything JJ's Lucky said about her was true.

That was true to. That was the last time Liz truly loved Lucky anyway, or that's the way Becky has played it at least. I also think that had merit, that was the last time her character had any worth to her.

• Members

Just because someone moved past something, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just because Elizabeth moved past what Lucky did, doesn't mean he didn't do it. I'm not excusing her sleeping with Nikolas - it was gross. But the fact of the matter is, I don't really think Lucky has any right to be mad. Hurt, yes. But how can you be mad at someone for doing something you yourself did to them years prior? He begged Liz for forgiveness and said sleeping with Sarah was a mistake, and all is forgiven. She begs him forgiveness and says sleeping with Nikolas was a mistake, and she's still a dirty, filthy trampy whore who he had to leave the country to get away from?

Only on GH.

And on a more personal note, I find it funny that you would attempt to "school" me for speaking of something Liz did in 2002, saying it weakens my argument. But yet, you splatter the GH thread with your hate on the regular, bashing Liz and her CURRENT storylines, based on what she did with Jason 5/6 years ago. Funny how it doesn't weaken YOUR argument...

Archived