Overhyped Daytime Soap Actors and Actresses

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've said it before, but it bears repeating - that scene is a perfect example of JJ's powerful acting. The fact that a confrontation scene about a faithless fiancee can also be used as a metaphor on how badly this show has devolved since JJ's last tenure is why I believe that Jonathan Jackson deserves every bit of the praise and accolades that he has received over the years.

Few other actors that are currently on General Hospital can inspire such strong feelings with a standard soapy scene like this.

• Members

Katherine Kelly Lang. I don't get why people are upset when she doesn't get nominate for an Emmy. Speaking of Emmy I think the Daytime Emmys (all awards shows) are overrated. The best doesn't wins, it all politics

Katherine Kelly Lang. I don't get why people are upset when she doesn't get nominate for an Emmy. Speaking of Emmy I think the Daytime Emmys (all awards shows) are overrated. The best doesn't wins, it all politics

• Members

I agree. It's especially powerful for that exact reason. You can see how much it hurts him to say these things that he has come to realize about her. I wouldn't say JJ is an incomparable actor, but surely his caliber actor on a soap is a rarity. He was hands down one of the best actors GH has had in years and he deserves all four of his Emmy's for his portrayal of Lucky Spencer. Those words and his loss of his belief in the only love he thought was true was visceral and he played all of the pangs, hurts and beats for everything that they were worth. Doesn't get enough credit on here - if anything - in my opinion.

• Members

I think it was the writing more than any performance. I would remember any character who said he only cared about a woman when she was raped and bleeding in the snow. If anything I think JJ gave the same type of performance in too many scenes.

• Members

If a man actually said that to a woman, she would never forgive him.

On GH, he could say that to her every day and she would be expected to act like it's no big deal.

I always wanted her to cut him loose finally and with no looking back. Maybe give his funny looking kid back to him so she doesn't have that to bind her to him.

A poster upthread talked about Elizabeth having all those kids. That was the actress' punishment for getting pregnant. With Elizabeth, worse than having multiple children is that big overgrown one named Lucky Spencer. That guy has been her albatross for years.

• Members

I think we were supposed to cheer that remark, as we were supposed to cheer him repeatedly abandoning his children, as it meant he was like Luke now.

I have never been a Liz fan, but I think she was probably the best chance JJ had of being more than a primally screamed, red-eyed ode to Luke and Laura nostalgia. Instead, the show ran from the relationship, and JJ ran from the show.

• Members

This is General Hospital, if anything Liz having all of those children was a sign that Guza loved her character. The only other woman who birthed as many children as Liz under him was Carly, she is considered to be a highly regarded character in Guza world. If anything not having a child on GH means the head writers didn't give a damn about them (Sam McCall).

• Members

Thanks for the translation. I often get lost while watching GH because I'm sure I'm not supposed to react the way I do.

I tend to think in terms of "why is this homely guy acting so entitled?" I'm sure the men who write this mess don't see life the same way I do.

Archived