Overhyped Daytime Soap Actors and Actresses

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another overhyped (and yes, that's exactly what he is because I've never seen anyone rate his skills as anything other than shitty) actor that I will never miss on daytime television is John-Paul Lavoisier. I was cool with him in the beginning because he was the sometimes-used 'comic relief' of the show, but once they decided that this fool was leading-man material, it was a wrap.

OLTL (and, eventually, soap media) started promoting the hell out of him to the point where he came third to ME and TSJ and it's a damn shame that other (more talented) actors were backburned/written off and actresses ruined/written off to prop his non-acting ass. (Yeah, I said it.)

• Members

I remember all the hype about him at DC and elsewhere in 2008. Then, when he helped kill the show in 2009 and 2010, that went silent (aside from some claims that Crystal Hunt was to blame and if only Crystal Hunt was gone, Gigi/Rex would be a supercouple again). I remember when that awful story about Shane's bullying started and we heard how this proved JPL's talent. Yes, nothing says devoted father like making Taco Bell dog faces.

• Members

JP Lavosisier had his charm, but I agree he was not exactly an outstanding actor. I think his portrayal got worst as more of "JP" seeped into the Rex character. He went from having some great light hearted banter with Robert Woods, into a whiny 4 year old with aa perpetual pout. I can tell you from the multiple times I met JP in person that this was much more a reflection of Mr. Lavosier than his only recognizable acting role.

• Members

laugh.png

That being said I initially liked Rex when he first came on before he got Buchannanized and became a completely different character then he was supposed to be. I remember initally liking him with Jen and then later on Adrianna. He had good chemistry with Melissa Archer too. I think what really killed him was Gigi/FF and Shane. Once that happened he became a parody. I don't believe Rex was ever supposed to be a father, nor was he ever supposed to be apart of Asa's family.

• Members

I didn't even realize he was rated, let alone overrated. The guy has no talent to speak of. He is a mannequin, best suited for modeling suits for Macy's. He just stands there and doesn't do anything and whenever he shared a scene with anyone that actually had talent, his glaring deficiencies became blinding. And he played a South American drug lord on GH, went to OLTL and played something like a Puerto Rican cop and yet he played them the exact same way. You could not spot a single difference. They both sounded like non-ethnic Caucasians from random place, USA.

Archived