Overhyped Daytime Soap Actors and Actresses

• Members

That's not even the context of the situation. Cheating with Jason, cheating with Nikolas, faking a mental breakdown to get Lucky to love her again, her apathy towards Siobohan's death, her general lying/duplicity and more are the reasons Lucky ran screaming into the night to get the hell away from her.

I bring it up because it still applies to this day. Because Liz's character has not changed one iota since 06'. Liz is still flinging herself from man to man at break neck speeds. Owen, Matt, Jason, Nikolas, Lucky, etc. It never stops.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She didn't cheat with Jason. I'll leave the Nikolas debacle with what I said previously. Faking the mental breakdown, I'm not going to lie, was damaging, and out of character. Why would Liz care about Siobhan dying? The bitch tried to throw Liz down a flight of stairs and was an outright bitch to Liz for MONTHS. And how is she flinging herself from man to man? She's repeatedly turned down passes from Matt AND Ewen.

• Members

I love how the paternity lie (as well as the adultery one) is just swept under the rug. Like it was a minor detail that didn't matter. Like Liz telling Lucky that he was Jake's father and then telling him that Jason was the actual father must not have registered at all for him. The sex was just one part of her cheating. Her emotional unavailability also effected their marriage as well. The lies made everything even worse the fact that she did it twice - one after the other was just another breaking point. Anyway I think I gave a pretty good outline of reasons why Lucky had to get the hell away from her. Considering all of that I feel many would have walked away for less.

• Members

I forgot to address that. Yes, maybe Elizabeth's lie wasn't the right decision. But she made it for the RIGHT reasons. She was worried for Lucky's sobriety. Should she have been honest? Yes. But did she do what she did with malice? No. And if we're damning people to hell for that lie, why just Liz? How many people knew about that and said nothing? Lucky's own SISTER knew, but yet...No one is calling her a manipulative bitch for keeping the secret? Right.

• Members

I don't believe that nor do I think that is what he meant. He said where is that girl I found in the snow that night, I loved her. It's obvious to me that he loved the woman he found because that was who Liz portrayed herself as being, the sweet girl who was kind, generous, warm and would have never lied to him or cheated on him. He loved the girl she was when he first met her basically. It was a callback to the days when Lucky and Liz truly loved eachother, and how Liz doesn't even resemble anything of what she was to him. I think what truly happened that day (1-25-10) was that he saw threw the myths of Elizabeth. He finally saw threw all of her lies. She's not a good mother, she's not a good woman, she's not a good wife, she's not a good person, she's not a good nurse, she's a horrible human being who he probably wished he never met.

It was all in the fact that JJ played it as a loss, a pained sense of nostalgia and that's why I think he is a great actor. He showed all of the pains of the past Lucky's but was true to the first version of Lucky who first fell in love with Liz and how her actions have completely ruined everything they had and his image of what they represented to eachother. She defiled the memory he has of her and their memory of eachother. It was an amazing scene.

• Members

Baby Boy, Mama doesn't like that "c" word.

Liz is one of those characters who was painted into a corner and was never given an opportunity to get out. The fact that the only exists she's ever been offered have been through a man didn't do her any favours either. But the biggest mistake with Liz was making her a mother of all those kids. I've said it before and I'll say it again, nothing ruins a character faster than making them a mother.

• Members

Seriously enough with the Liz and Lucky talk. It's completely derailed the thread. This thread was supposed to be for people to post their opinions about which actors and actresses they think are overhyped. But then the excuses started being made for why so and so is allowed to be one note or give no effort and now we're down to a Liz vs Lucky war.

• Members

I apologize. It isn't a word I throw around lightly, and it is very offensive.I should have known better! I edited it, just for you Mama.

So, getting back on topic.

Someone I've always found very overrated:

Ted King. I liked him on Loving and GH, but I never thought he was as great as some made him out to be.

• Members

I guess to bring this conversation full circle I'll say Rebecca Herbst. I don't understand how she gets consistent pre-nominations for the Supporting Actress category for the Daytime Emmy's and I also don't see how she became such a staunch favorite in regards to popularity when I always found her passable outside of her initial pairing. Her voice also grates on my nerves when she does that whispery thing and plays the doe eyed victim even when she is being "snarky".

Archived