DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

This Abby is still so weird and gross to me. She seems overly tanned and just vaguely hooker-ish.

Really enjoying the show. It's just solid character work and good story. It's an actual soap opera, not just a joke.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't mind Abby being upset. I think she and Jen are being painted perfectly right now. Sure, they were upset at Jack and wanted him back because they love him, you can't turn that off. But it was in the abstract. As far as they knew, Jack would NEVER be coming back. The minute he just waltzed into the party and caused a scene though, reinforced the fact in their minds that he was just off doing whatever and thought he could pick up right where he left off. So I can see Abby now being pissed off at her dad, especially since it's hurting Jennifer so much.

During Kate and Stefano's fight when she kept Chad's paternity a secret (and warned Sami about EJ taking the kids and that led to Sami shooting EJ), she moved back in with Victor. They weren't getting closer romantically, but he was on the outs with Maggie then post-sarcophagus and so they were back in each in others' good graces.

I am absolutely loving this show right now. Someone who mentioned that it's fun and hitting the right notes instead of being dark and dreary is right. There can be stakes without everyone being depressed and dying. I'm hoping we get an actual Titan set, or at least offices for Wilhemina and MAD WORLD (I love that name, it's so hilarious and incredibly Days). I am loving this corporate intrigue, but I don't want wheeling and dealing at the Horton Town Square Outdoor Plaza Restaurant or wherever the hell people were today.

Also, I know the Square has a cover to it, but I am visiting home in Milwaukee right now and even on a warmer than usual fall day like today, I'm not traipsing around in sleeveless outfits! Put on some clothes, Madison. :)

• Members

Like Cheap said, what gets me is she was wishing her dad was there a few days ago and now she's all being a pissy little bitch. She has a right to her anger, but I guess she doesn't give a crap about what her dad went through and as far as I'm concerned she can take a long walk off a short pier

• Members

Haven't seen today's show yet, but I think Abby's initial wish that her dad be at the event last week was more like a wish that nothing had ever changed and he had been with them all along.

Not looking forward to seeing a tantrum today. She's very blah, so to see her lay into someone and try to convey emotion? Well, I'm sure that'll go over as well as Starr's boyfriend's acting ability on OLTL.

• Members

I like Kate Mansi. I think she did well with the material today. And while I love Jack and want him to get back to his family, she does have a reason to be upset. He was held hostage, but it's his fault for having his friend fake those entries and lying about the story in the first place. It wouldn't make sense to me if he was welcomed back by Abby immediately.

• Members

Wow! Madison vs Kate did not disappoint! Both ladies got in some good jabs but Madison definitely wins this one. Loved the "cheaper" comment and Sarah's delivery. She always excels in cat-fights. Makes it even better that she has a formidable opponent in Kate. Can't wait to see how Sami fits into all of this!

• Members

Kate and Victor did marry. Back in 93, they were married until Vivian revealed that Curtis was still alive, so the marriage was invalid. They were never able to marry again, because Vivian tricked Victor into marrying her then went into labor when Kate/Victor were supposed to be married, then she tried to kill Kate and caused the plane to go down. When she got back and planned to marry Victor again, Sami exposed her past as a hooker and Victor had a stroke. Then everyone thought he died in the Coronation Massacre and when he returned to Salem, Kate thought Victor was a ghost and hit him over the head and left him to die in the Kiriakis mansion in a fire. Then he kicked her out and she was homeless, so... never married again.

But Victor has had six bridges, invalid or not. His marriage to Carly was annulled. He married Kate, it was invalid. Married Vivian, it was annulled. Married Nicole, it ended up being invalid because of her marriage to Trent Robbins (making her Lucas marriage invalid too, in retrospect). Then married Vivian again.

• Members

I think Kate may have been living with Victor at the time of her marriage to Stefano. When I started rewatching in September 2008, Stefano invited Kate over for dinner and asked her to bear him an heir or something related to helping with his legacy. Since that moment, the Victor / Kate / Stefano thread continued to play out. Kate would spend time with both men, while no major plot strides ever suggestion a long running storyline.

At Christmas, Kate spent the holiday at the Kiriakis home with Chloe, Brady, Lucas, Daniel, and Victor. I remember thinking Chloe had been with almost every man at the table. On Valentine's Day, Kate held a cancer benefit at Chez Rouge and either Stefano or Victor made a huge contribution to the charity in Kate's name. It was never revealled which of Kate's men had made the donation. Kate being the object of Stefano and Victor's affection was underlying layer to the Kiriakis / Dimera feud which was being built up. When Kate poisoned Chloe, I believe Victor felt she had overstepped the line and booted her. This was when Stefano blackmailed Kate into marriage. Victor snarked at the wedding, but I think it was clear that Victor still cared about Kate. When Vivian returned to town, Victor agreed to see Vivian socially in order to drive Kate up the wall. Vivian's role in the drama became almost non-essential once the show went the Victor / Maggie root, which is a shame since there was so much to mine in the Kate / Victor / Vivian / Stefano quartet.

Archived