DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

theres a new regime in charge. I dont think its fair to say they dont know what to do with the character or hold poor writing for males in the past against them as their matierla and stories jsut started. Id be interested in seeing how Eric would shape up today

How about Chris Engen (ex-Adam, Y&R)?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only role I hated SJB in was Aggie. I absolutely loved Claudia, partially because LW has ruined Carly but mainly because underneath all the butchiness there were some really great gentle moments that SJB knocked out of the park.

• Members

I thought that Kate was showing some humanity when she told EJ he was being a tad bit cruel regarding John, and that maybe they would revisit the bond that they had. The last few regimes, though, are just hellbent on making her Queen Bitch without any redeeming qualities. Granted, Lk is amazing as the oldest Mean Girl in Salem, and she shows glimpses of having a heart when she can, but I don't see her changing any time soon.

• Members

I agree it's too soon to know what they would do with the character. I just think they should wait until they fix more of the current canvas before they try to bring Eric back. Right now they already have a slew of male characters who lack spark or are in go-nowhere stories. I just don't think it's either-or regarding Brady or Eric. That just ends up making the families even more limited.

• Members

Agreed re: Jensen's Eric. He was brought on to expose Sami's schemes with his "twin radar", and he helped Carrie find proof of her lies, but other than that, he just lost his virginity to Nicole, got into a car crash which resulted in him being willed to live by the ghost of Isabella (which didn't make any damn sense at all), flirted a little with Greta, then skipped town. There really never was a point to bring him on in the first place, but Jensen was great with what he had and netted three consecutive Emmy nominations. I guess that's why he is held in such high esteem.

I would totally swap Melanie and Daniel for Eric, Rex and/or Cassie. They never realized the full potential of those three characters, and they'd be worth a second look.

• Members

I love Sarah and no matter how good she was as Claudia the character was a loser. Creating a character is more than great acting. You need well defined characterization and compelling writing. The idea of Aggie was good I think on paper but the writing didn't support it and it didn't play to SBr's strengths. Claudia was just a mess of a character no matter how good SBr might have been. Overall the character was hated and the show reached record lows with Claudia front and center. I don't blame Sarah for that I think she did what she could with what the show gave her. I think every role she's done has been some variation of Carly yes even Aggie was. Thats not a bad thing but you need strong writing which she had as Carly to make it work. Shes a fine actress so I am hoping this works out and the writers know what they are doing. So far I have liked what I have seen in the writing barring Brady who I still have no clue about.

• Members

I just wonder if it's one of those things like Nathan Fillion where the person becomes popular after leaving. I thought he was fine from what I saw, but they never seemed to have a lot of plans for the character, probably because his first story seemed to be dropped entirely.

• Members

Claudia was the victim of the writer's strike. When she came on those first few months, she was well defined and interesting. Then Guza returned and had to "fix" the character. It was all downhill from there.

It will be nice to see what she can do with this character. I personally think SJB is a little hard on the head through and had to stop following her on Twitter, but her skills and abilities are rarely in doubt.

• Members

You need someone to be the antagonist. I doubt any of the younger women will fill that role(I loved Nicole in that role) so it falls on Kate I assume. It doen't mean scooby doo villian. And her son is back on canvas also so hopefully they can provide Kate with a little more than that.

• Members

Honestly I hated Claudia the moment she walked on. THey had her spewing all sorts of venom to people on canvas which IMO didn't make sense as she had no history with any of these people. Calling Robin tainted who she didn't even know was a big WTF with me. Certainly the writing got worse but I think a lot of it was more that they boxed her in with the same people she was with as CArly and those dynamics cant be recreated.

Archived