DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just caught up on DAYS

I don't like that the viewers weren't let in on where Jack was all this time. He told Adrienne off-screen - WTH? What was that?? Damn what happened to him?? It must be serious, and it better be good!

Thursday's show I hated everything Jack/Jen/Daniel related. I did not like how that was handled at all. I get Jenn's anger but really, I hate that she's jumping to conclusions. I think it is more than clear just by Jack's face that he missed them immensely the whole time he was gone - he did NOT stay away from them on purpose. I HATE that Jenn has come to that conclusion and is sticking with it. That said, Melissa Reeves is doing a flawless job. Shawn Christian is doing the best he can I guess rolleyes.gif Daniel is HIGHLY annoying and I absolutely hated his smug, pathetic look the whole time he was around Jack. I really hope Jack and Jenn reunite and he leaves for good.

Did anyone notice the #DAYS hashtag caption they put at the beginning of Friday's episode on NBC. LOL. I love that.

I love EJ running for Mayor. Loved how his campaign notices magically appeared all over the town square. I love all of it. This is so good! I love Lexie's conflict within this so far, she was FIRE on Friday! She needs to stay lit! I loved Stefano's comment about her being more of a DiMera than she'll admit. Haha! ;-)

Patrick Muldoon looks like a tired, disheveled old man & I can't stand his voice. Ugh just everything about him I can't stand. 'Per usual, I am really hating Austin and that smug saint Carrie. UGH. My hate is in full rage force.

• Members

Friday's show was much better than Thursday. I really like how Days brought these people back not just to say hi and be visiting vets, but to drive story. John suddenly is star once again, and I guess they are going to work Austin into it is also. Jack and Jennifer are off in their own little story that doesn't seem to impact too many people.

• Members

I thought they did a decent job of integrating the returnees in. I am not a longtime viewer so I can't say but I didn't feel like the returnees were hogging the spotlight. I thought it seemed fairly balanced. I think the real problem is that a lot of the existing characters' stories, with the exception of Victor/Maggie (who sadly seem most likely to lose story), just aren't very interesting. I should care about Will or Sonny but I don't, at the moment, and I think Melanie is way too kooky a character to have story after story about her love life. I also don't think Chad should be put in the middle of stories that are mostly about loud teenage girls - he just seems ill at ease.

• Members

I love John and think Drake Hogestyn is a lot of fun to watch. Anyway, after years upon years of Sami, Babies, EJ, "Sydney!", and all the dreck that was boring beyond belief and had me longing for Tinda Lau and Touch The Sky, I am quite happy the show has a new direction with different characters to showcase.

• Administrator

I forgot to mention this line by Stefano that I liked:

Stefano: Well, I certainly don't need a matchmaker to finally tell me that Victor's choice in a wife has finally improved. [Chuckling]

LOL Nice reference of Victor/Nicole's marriage.

And EJ/Nicole's last scene was good to:

EJ: Nicole! Do I have your vote?

Nicole: I'm not sure. That depends on where you stand. Issues and all. Good luck with everything, EJ.

And before walking away, she stops and looks back at him. It's little moments like this that is starting to make me root for EJ/Nicole again.

• Administrator

I wish he would go back to his normal talking voice. There's still some of that Robo-John in him, especially in the voice, the way he's speaking. Hopefully that will slowly disappear as his health improves.

• Members

To be honest, I never liked EJ/Nicole and I kind of saw their pairing come out of nowhere during the whole blackout story. However the last few weeks I've come to really see that there's more between the two characters than just the chemistry between the two actors. There's an abundance of emotion, hurt, pain, and desire between them, and it's scenes like the ones during the party and the hostage situation that highlight that and bring it to the forefront.

I love how Carrie's profession brings her directly in conflict with her police commissioner father, and even with her uncle Bo.

I totally think that Lexie is going to do whatever it takes to make sure Abe wins against E.J., and that might be the undoing of Abe's campaign.

Archived