DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I loved when Jack & Sami teamed up to make Brandon & Jennifer jealous. They were a hoot.

I also LOVED Jack & Billie. I so wish they would have went there. I"m tired of Jennifer always getting another lover and Jack doing the pursuit. Make Jennifer fight for Jack for once.

• Members

The thing with Brady is the character is so defined by Broe that without that relationship he's at loose ends. I did love his role in the Sarcophagus story, but they do seem at a loss to figure out what they should do with him. I hope these new writers figure it out.

• Members

I'm not the biggest fan of Eric's Brady, but he is definitely better than Kyle. He always looked like he had to take a crap with his facial expressions.

I'm more aggravated that the whole town seems to not mind that he's constantly drunk. I think that in 9/10 scenes featuring Brady, he has alcohol in his hands. Seriously, he was a full fledged addict. People need to stage an intervention. Lucas drank much less, and Maggie was all over him like butter on bread to sober up.

Matt and Ari would be amazing together, because let's face it, Ari is magic with anyone. It'd be nice to have Nicole's scheming skills put to good investigative use, and the potential back and forth between Jack and Nicole has me laughing already. One can only hope...

And Sarah Brown?..... :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Members

bc the character of Brady is awful and has been for a while. They need to cut their losses and get rid of him. Id gladly take Eric back bc its about tiem we see him interacting with Sami and Marlena again

Unpopular opinion but I want Rex and/or Cassie back as well. Id ditch Melanie for Cassie. I feel as if the show wants us to forget the Gemini twins ever existed

• Members

I love Sarah but she along with PAtrick Mulcahey came up with the characterization for Aggie. They tried to make her into a watered down version of Carly in a sense. If this regime at Days is as good as it seems hopefully the end result will be better. And that doesn't translate to bitchfests or catflights. I hope this show is smarter than that.

I actually like EM and Brady and I think he's suffered more than EJ has in terms of characterization and writing. I have no idea what Brady is? Is he a good guy like he was with Arianna, an anti hero, a victim as he appears now, or a villian. I am more interested in his relationship with John than I am with his fling with Madison just as I am more interested in Madison with Kate than I am with she and Brady.

• Members

I loved Rex and Cassie once they weren't aliens and turned into Kate's children. I loved the relationship between Cassie and Kate.

Ashford and Reeves still have it. She looks ten times more alive and present with Ashford than she ever has with Dr. McHairyChest.

• Members

I have no interest in seeing Sami interact with anyone at the moment. Marlena OK but I don't think there's a big reason to bring Eric back until they fix their issues regarding writing for male characters. Otherwise Eric will probably just be in the middle of a paternity story.

Brady is very poorly written but I think Eric is a charismatic guy who has chemistry with most of the people he's in scenes with. I would fix the character, not write him out. Other than EJ, who is a bundle of poor writing choices himself, there are few charismatic men on this show under the age of 50.

• Members

I think most storylines and character "development" between 2003-2006 are best thought of as a bad dream. From Nicole giving Chloe a bacterial infection, to Kyle Brandt as Phillip, to Shawn crashing the wedding thru a CGI screen, to Alex North terrorizing Marlena, to Sami manipulating Carrie & Austin and going in disguise as a man, to the good ol Serial Killer, Captive Island, and Captive Castle stories.... it was all a bad dream!!! Sorry, the Gemini twins don't make the cut. They were introduced in 2002, but the rewrites happened in '03. Too bad! :)

Brady is just a lost cause. There's no real rooting value to the character. His best bet would be to perform every scene shirtless because that's the only way he'll pique my interest (and to be honest, he's a little too plastic anyhow).

If they could cast a really dynamic actor to play Eric Brady, I say go with that. I don't know why Jensen Ackles' 3-year stint is so highly revered that people think he cannot be recast.

Kate has become such an awful sourpuss. At one point, she and Marlena were good friends. And at another point, she and John were an item. Nowadays, she's so anti-good, rolling her eyes at a mention of Horton goodness. I understand she's sleeping with the devil now, but does she have to be so spiteful against everyone? Stefano must be lousy in the bedroom....

Matt Ashford would definitely look good with a well-trimmed beard.

• Members

For me it's mostly down to them not ever having any real idea of what to do with the character even when Ackles was there. It just never clicked.

I've seen SJB fail in too many roles since Carly to think this will be different but I hope it works out for her this time.

Archived