DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Todays Jack and Jennifer scenes were so damn good. I love them! wub.png I was crying by the end. MR and MA are magic together.

GTFO Daniel.

I loved the opening segment of Monday's show. I really dug the camera work and that slow motion effect on Marlena when she was exiting the town square. Very nice.

I'm like Sami's reaction to John being arrested but I think Alison Sweeney needs to tone it down a few notches. When Sami came running into Marlena at the police station I swear Deidre Hall had a "Damn bitch, calm down!" reaction. LOL.

• Members

I loved today's show too. There wasn't a bad moment, though you are right. AS tends to be overly emotional. Its been like that for years. :lol:

You're missing out then. It's been pretty damn great. Will and Sonny are great, but they aren't the entire show. :)

• Members

I only got to watch the first half since I had classes but I enjoyed it.

Noel Maxim is doing a great job so far.

Jack & Jennifer were great. However, I'd like to see Jack get a new love interest before they even think of putting Jack & Jennifer together. I want Jennifer to feel like crap with moving on again so quickly, have Jennifer do the chasing for once.

Alison Sweeney was way OTT in her scenes.

Carrie was great <3 Patrick Muldoon still is a bit rusty but I'll give him some time.

• Members

I am starting to really enjoy Days. It is a lot more grounded than the last time I watched it properly. I think all the characters today got a good share of story, though I wish Maggie and Victor had a little more romance. I do hope they don't marry them off and push them to the back burner. Just the other week Maggie said she wasn't ready for marriage yet, and now she is engaged, so I don't like that, it should have been a little harder and more dramatic for them. Hopefully the tables will turn slightly and Maggie will do something to hurt or anger Victor so that they remain in front somehow.

The Jen/Jack scenes were great but I hope this doesn't resolve too easy, I did groan a little when he said he was held hostage, thought it was a cop out. I then decided having Jack have a real reason for being gone makes it that much better because it means Jen can't simply dismiss him and she needs to make a real choice. I think she will choose Daniel and that will keep the tension going as she is still in love with Jack.

I get the feeling Sami's job has to do with Madison and Sami will be going head to head against Kate in some way. Makes sense that Madison would want to keep things quiet and low key if she plans to set up shop in Salem against Whilomena (sp?). I didn't realise how nasty Kate became and the fact she married Stefano was a big shock, had no idea about that. She certainly fits into the DiMera clan, though it is odd seeing Sami be so good and Kate so bad.

Marlena and John may have had the big story but they didn't hog the screen which was good. I do love Deidre and Drake but don't want this to be the John/Marlena show.

I like Patrick Muldoon, never got into Austin Peck. Patrick may be a little rusty but honestly he is already a better Austin and you can see the character coming back. I don't mean this to be anything against AP but Patrick's portrayal was always more heart felt and intelligent. I usually like Carrie, but I think she is acting a little childish. She should at least talk to Austin and clear things up, she can still be mad, just not silly about it.

Overall if they keep building the show like this I will be watching. Monday's episode is already much better than all the episodes last week.

• Members

This was a good show. I liked the beginning scene with the weird they they shot it. The only one I don't understand is Brady. He is uncharacteristically aloof about the whole thing, and I don't recall he and John being on bad terms when John left. And even if they were, you would think an arrest would prompt him to drop the drink and go to the police station. Sami hated John for years and she even went.

Jack and Jennifer still have the old charm. I can see Daniel hanging on into next year but by christmas 2012 it will be the Deverauxs happily reunited ready to hang ornaments on a tree.

• Members

Yeah I really loved that to.

Brady is just written as a complete joke and Eric Martsolf makes it even worse with his careless the clown acting.

I know wub.png

Hopefully the thread does pick up in the coming weeks once the new storys start to settle in. As for Will/Sonny I think/hope their story will bubble up this month & be in full force by Nov. sweeps. I have a feeling Marlena will be heavily involved after her scenes with Will last week.

Yeah I am really enjoying DAYS so far. I think there has been a lot of improvement & the future looks good...

I so cannot wait for the business S/L's to heat up on DAYS! Countess Wilhelmina vs. Mad World Cosmetics, looking forward to seeing how it turns out! I love Kate so much & can't wait to see her up against someone equal to her in business. And Sami added in as a rival again will be good fun to.

Kate needs a woman by her side to, I really think it should be Nicole!

• Members

I wish they'd just get rid of Brady. The character is awful and EM doesnt help

John being arrested for embezllement is kinda lame. I was hoping for a more interesting crime like murder.

Ugh to Jen telling Jack to shave his beard. He actually looks better with it. He could trim it but I wish he'd keep it.

• Members

I'm really looking forward to a Kate/Madison showdown with the business storyline, but I really wish that they had Nicole working for Madison instead of Sami. I just don't think Ali has the acting chops to play opposite Sarah the way Ari does, and I'm afraid her OTT methods will elevate potentially great drama to camp status.

• Members

Cheap, I'm with you on Brady/Eric. I don't get all the raves about him. I find Martsolf to be way too hammy. I liked him on Passions but I haven't been a fan of him on DAYS. He's still a step up from Lowder though lol.

I can't wait for Sarah Brown today. Sooooo looking forward to Madison vs Kate.

I'd also love to see a possible friendship/maybe a little romance between Jack & Nicole. Both were reporters, I'd love to see Jack take Nicole under his wing and they open up The Spectator again. I'd love to see Jennifer get jealous over Jack/Nicole.

Archived