DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

I think people consistently sell Eric Martsolf short and always have. Chemistry is what Martsolf does. The writing for Brady hasn't been stellar lately, but EM has always been perfect romantic character material. This goes back to his Passions days I think where people disregard him because of the dumb writing, but he is always going to be ridiculously handsome with a charming smile, and able to sell the fantasy romance type of material. He isn't Brando, but he will have an easier time selling a romance with Brown than any of her previous co-stars. He will just flash the eyes and smile just so because that is Martsolf's bread and butter and talk in his great dulcet speaking voice, and his end of the deal will be done. Sarah Brown on the other hand, while being a good actress, isn't known for her sex appeal or a great track record selling romance, so I think the surprise will be if she can hold up her end of the pairing as well as he holds up his. He you could pair with anybody on any soap and he will give you the same dashing corny romantic type that is unoriginal but works, she not so much.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loved the show today. Days seems to be more old school Y&R than Y&R is at the moment. It is more grounded and emotional and is building things slowly, and it looks like more corporate stories coming on the scene.

I am liking the John/Marlena story, there is a lot at stake. John is in real danger. It isn't just Stefano it is the whole town, and the writers are not giving too much away. Keeps you on your toes.

Sarah is great. The last time I saw her was General Hospital in the 90's. She fits in perfectly and has great chemistry with Eric. Looking forward to her scenes with Kate tomorrow.

Loved the EJ/Nicole scenes. Glad EJ made it clear he hasn't changed.

• Members

Well Laura Horton was a blonde and Kate and Bill did have an affair....so could be. I also am LOVING SJB as Madison. I cannot wait to see the Madison/Kate feud and a Brady/Madison pairing. She and EM do have AMAZING chemistry so far. I love EJ/Nicole and something tells me EJ could have a new ally in Kate. Intrigued by the John/Marlena storyline and cannot wait to continue watching as it unfolds.

• Members

Excellent analysis and right on both counts. SJB will have her work cut out for her in the romance department, but perhaps Madison will be Emotionally Secure so we won't have that interfering like we have with her other characters.

• Members

Sarah is wonderful. I am going to reserve judgement on the rest until I see more but she looks terrific too.

Days has sold me. Old couples or not this show has such a lightness about it that hasn't existed on any soap in so long. Its got potentially soapy material in the works but without the edgy ugly used up stuff GH and Dena's Days was doing and Y&R is trying to do. It may not be dark emmy baiting ish but its actually fun to watch again.

I like Eric Martsolf. He had such an easy presence on screen. But he didn't have chemistry with everyone. He and LH(Arianna) on Days were painfully dull to watch there was nothing there after how they heated up Passions, he and Molly Burnett, had nice chemistry but nothing romantic and Tamara Braun. well that was painful to watch. He does gel with Arianne Zucker but then most actors do. But then decent writing and characterization does help a lot.

• Members

To be honest, I think he played better with LS's Vivian than anyone else on canvas. Just thinking about his drunken taunting from his bed brings a smile to my face. Knowing they weren't even reacting to each other as they played the scenes just impresses me more.

He could definitely be a Cougar's best asset.

• Members

I dont get Abigail. Wasnt she just saying that the one thing that could make the party perfect would be for her dad to be there and now that he's back, she's bitching about it, saying she'd rather not see him again?

Kate was with Victor when she married Stefano?

• Members

Well I do think Abby's feelings are justified but I wish she'd be a bit more consistent with them instead of contradicting herself

Im Team Madison as well. I like Kate but she needs to be knocked down a peg or two bc she's been so nasty for too long with little consequence

"Cheaper, I'll give you that but that just might be a reflection on the company's CEO" Go Madison!

Thank god they didnt bring Tamara Braun on to play Madison laugh.png

• Members

LMAO at Madison telling Kate to grow up. She is compeltely OWNING Kate in these scenes. Kate really does look pathetic and Madison rocks. Its refreshing seeing someone actually stand up to Kate instead of letting her bully them. OMG that last dig about sending Kate an anti-aging sample was too good

Magie said she will be Vic's 6th wife. Who were the others. Vivian, Nicole....was he married to Carly?

Archived