DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think wingwalker was implying that IF they were going with a Chad/Sonny hook-up, that he/she would be on board with it because they were so good and believable in their scenes. Not that this was actually where they were going. I have to say though, that on soaps, romance is often born out of any situation. And the fact that Chad/Sonny have teamed up for their warring families who hate one another, only makes the two of them hot stuff in terms of a romantic entanglement that would be looked upon as something that their families would not accept, and ultimately want to destroy. Really good stuff if it were to happen, but there's still Will to contend with, so.................

• Members

I feel so sad for this Chloe character, and Nadia Bjorlin. I like both the actress and the character, and it's sad how much of a downfall she's on.

Also, I find Melanie to be okay. (Surprising since all of you kept saying she was atrocious.)

I don't know what think of Sonny's storylines yet, we'll see how everything develops later.

• Members

They are showing that on tv? I thought it was something Hulu spliced in. Ive been seeing Carrie/Austin, John/Marlena and Jack/Jennifer over the last week

I also didnt get the Chad/Sonny connection and assumed I might have missed an episode. Good to know its Higley's fault and not mine!

I continue to hate Nicole being used as a ping pong ball between Brady and EJ. Its time to bring on someone new for her

• Members

I mean they're bringing back Austin, and IIRC during Peck's last return wasn't there a Nicole hookup or at least some flirtation? Sadly I think they're going to keep him happy in Carrie land...A recast returning Eric would be nice...Nicole really does need somebody, and not someone that treats her like [!@#$%^&*], and only uses her for occasional sex and manipulation...I would even be interested in seeing a Quinn/Nicole scene...But once they stop this pimp nonsense with the character...

• Members

If I recall correctly, Nicole wanted Austin when he was with Greta and she caused trouble for them. I wasnt watching when he was last on so I dont know if that was revisted, but I'll take your word for it. Peck's Austin was too boring for her anyway so Im glad not much materialized there.

• Members

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/472165-Broadcast_Networks_to_Air_Obama_Statement_at_1_p_m_.php

Broadcast Networks to Air Obama Statement at 1 p.m.

ABC to cut into programming; NBC giving stations option

By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 8/8/2011 11:48:26 AM

ABC says it will break into regular programming at 1 p.m. to provide live coverage of President Barack Obama's statement to the press, which is expected to be an effort to calm the markets and reassure American's about the economy.

NBC will go live with Brian Willams anchoring from NY with David Faber of CNBC. The network was describing its coverage of the statement as an "optional" special report, which means it will not preempt Days of Our Lives, but will instead give the stations the option of carrying the President or sticking with the soap, according to a spokesperson.

CBS will also carry the statement live with Anthony Mason anchoring out of New York (Scott Pelley is in Kenya to anchor the CBS Evening News from the famine-torn region). A CBS spokesperson said they would be preempting regular programming for the special report.

Archived