DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bob Greenblatt was just asked about Days future at the TCA

What's the future for "Days of Our Lives"?

Well, none of the cast changes have been brought about by network urging. " My hat is off to [long-running soaps] as they creatively keep these things going. It's the only soap that we have and I think that it does relatively well for us," he says, adding that ABC's cancelation of several soaps could help. "We may also be seeing this genre going into the twilight years of its existence," he cautions, but We’re really happy with its performance,” said Greenblatt. “I think it’ll be on for a while.”

• Administrator

My tv went black just as Marlena/John were hugging, so I don't know if there was a "John/Marlena returns this fall" or not. But seeing that clip during the commercials surprised me for sure and got me excited! Less than two months to go!!!! :)

• Members

Another snoozeworthy show today. If it weren't for Arianne Zucker and Crystal Chappell (and the John/Marlena clip of course) I would have completely just turned off the television. I didn't even enjoy Mictor (or is it Vaggie?) as much as I thought I would. Days is definitely in some sort of "holding period" and it is evident on screen.

And yes, I agree with everyone in regards to Taylor. Sept 23 cannot come soon enough. Hopefully, they will kill her off so that I can get to see some powerful Arianne Zucker acting in September as well.

• Members

OMG, Taylor is a damn idiot! Of course, I'm sure Brady will wake up and be totally fine two seconds later, a la Sami falling down the stairs, but still.

The Maggie/Victor scenes were nice, and a year ago, I would have loved them, but their stuff is in such a story-less bubble lately that it fell kind of flat. Maggie's hair also looks terrible. The actors did well, and the dialogue was fine, but the lack of any greater context is weird.

I actually like this Quinn/Carly twist, though it's sort of hard to care knowing that none of this is really going anywhere.

And they totally rushed the Rafe/Dario reunion. Not that anyone cares or that it will matter in two months, but skilled writers would've set them up as brothers who'd have conflict in the long-term -- not make up in two scenes after a lifetime of animosity "just because."

Archived