DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Go Kinsey! I loved her sticking up to Kate. I love how she is sticking by Chloe. In an alternate world.I could see Kate getting involved with Will and being Kate's next enemy, following in the footsteps of Chloe, Sami and Nicole before her

I feel bad for Gus. I dont like how loyal he's been yet being disresepcted and tossed aside for Quinn

Carly is a dang ol hot mess. Get her help ASAP

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yay to the Gabi love! At least there's a few of us. LOL

I really liked it too. I've never seen DAYS do flashbacks like that before. With that flashback and the way the scenes end going to commercial (it's just fade-to-black now and none of that cut-to-black that Tomlin brought in), I'm starting to believe that starting with Monday's episode, these episodes were edited under the new EPs. I don't know how far behind the editing process is from the shooting/taping dates, so I'm just speculating. I definitely noticed the change though.

• Members

Sonny was definitely on for a good chunk of the show. He had scenes with Justin & Adrienne. He revealed to them that he plans to stay in Salem for the Summer, and also told them about his new job with the DA. Pretty good scenes. Glad to see him wearing a different type of shirt

Sorry, don't care about the DiMera/Kiriakis feud again. Yawn.

LOL @ the two Rafe's story having no after effects...I watch Rafe today and wonder WTH was the point of that 5 month story?? LOL!! What a waste of time & HD tape that abomination was.

• Members

He was on throughout the episode and had some great scenes with his parents

WTH was Maggie wearing? She looked better when she covered up that ugly purple top with her jacket

Booo to Nicole encouraging Taylor to marry EJ to save Brady. Like WTF?

They did some great casting when they cast Josh Taylor as Roman. He slurs his words just as bad as Caroline.

• Members

I finally caught up on a week's worth of episodes after work last night.

I will be honest...after seeing Crystal's incredible performances this last week, I will miss her. I really hope that come Emmy time next year, she submits these episodes. I'm sure her rehab episodes coming up will be even better. I do like the nightmares she experienced, especially with Lawrence when he said "Surely you don't think Daniel was the only reason you turned to pills?" (not verbatim, but along those lines). It was great to see her torment manifest itself, and her pain was very palpable. Kudos.

Quinn is growing on me. I never really saw his character much because I always fast forward through the garbage that is Chloe Lane...Aria of A Singing Hooker. He has a natural talent to him, and he's gorgeous to boot. His chemistry with Crystal was instantaneous. It's a shame that they won't explore that. The possibilities of Carly and Quinn getting together, and the aftermath when Vivian finds out would have been endless, and would be storyline gold, especially with three highly capable actors. *sigh*

Melanie and Dario... no thank you. Please fire her next please. I put the TV on mute everytime she speaks. i hate Melanie more than I hated Nighttime Hope, and that says a LOT.

Jennifer and Daniel...love the actors, but this storyline is so unbelievably stupid. Can't wait for Jack to come back.

Maggie and Victor are adorable, and they bring out the best in each other. I hope the new writers continue this coupling.

Sonny is great, but I wonder if they put vaseline on his teeth to keep him smiling 24/7. Surely his cheeks hurt.

As always, Ari is the best thing about the show right now. She could have chemistry with a jar of mayonnaise.

Am I the only one not missing Sami this week? It's kind of nice having her offscreen.

Archived