DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

The last two weeks have been amazing with these guys. I really, really wish that CC was staying now to be paired with him, and that Vivian was a foil for the two of them. TPTB are REALLY missing out on a gold mine of possibliities with this one. :(

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could not agree more.

And as for people saying his story with chloe has ruined him, i disagree. first off, i really dont find it to be the worst thing anyone has ever done on this show, or even all that bad all in all. He can totally come back from it IMHO.

• Members

Those were some moving scenes today when Maggie Horton "died." Unfortunately, I now know that Maggie will not stay dead (because I watched a promo for the "new and improved" DOOL in September that showed a clip of Maggie--alive and well--interacting with Victor). Thus, all the power of that "death" scene was ruined. (I really don't think I "spoiled" anything here because it is well known that DOOL--in recent times--virtually never keeps a character dead unless its portrayer dies in real life.)

Why is it so hard for DOOL to have a character remain dead? (I know that all soaps have trouble with this, but none moreso than DOOL.) DOOL's complete lack of displicine on this matter is a big reason why it is laughed at and derided by CBS and ABC soap fans.

• Members

The problem IMO isn't keeping Maggie dead, it's that they felt they had to go for that cliche in the first place.

Why does every patient have to die then be miraculously be brought back. Why couldn't her blood pressure get dangerously low, find the bleeder, and get on with the deal. It's major surgery - it still would be touch and go even without flatlining on the table.

• Members

dool2.jpg

Hope is looking beautiful lately, and I love that they are all color coordinated. I think DOOL puts thought into how everyone's wardrobe compliments each other and coordinates with the set.

And I have to say the good looking but gangly Chad is turning into quite the handsome man. He suddenly reminds me of Eddie Cibrian a little.

doole.jpg

• Members

I tend to agree. He's been good/evil/good/evil so many times that I've lost count. Keep him consistently one way or the other, or keep him in the middle (grey), where he's bad but not to the extremes that the character has gone through to torture others who wronged him.

• Members

I like James Scott a lot but he's not the great actor many people think he is. He has a lot of charisma, he works extremely well with JM and AZ but he's a huge scenery chewer and not in a good way at times. Its why I chuckle when people comment about actors who can't go toe to toe with him. But overexposure hurts everyone. As much as people bitch and moan about GG and Rafe, he might be boring, but he doesnt chew scenery and the one enjoyable part of the putrid 2 Rafe storyline was his performance as Rafe 2.

I think they believed hooking EJ up with a nice girl would balance out the bad, but the problem is no legitimate female love interest, even a greyer character like Nicole, would have looked at all good themselves accepting some of the things EJ has done to Sami.Rape, making her think her child was dead, and now this stuff is just too much. Its a shame because I think back in 2008/2009 they actually got EJ past the rape and the character seemed a lot greyer. Maybe fans thought EJ was too watered down. Sadly I think Corday himself only sees characters as black or white. Good as lily white and bad as mustache twirling villians. Hopefully the new writers change that.

• Administrator

Yikes at the new style of the next-day-previews. I didn't like the split-second-frame of people's faces in black and white as transitions! Are they trying to send us subliminal messages or something? LOL

Archived