DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Regarding Dimitri shooting Chad, yeah I did not get that either...it made no sense that when Sonny showed up, Dimitri decided it was best to shoot. WTF?? If anything, that should've been grounds to wait awhile longer to shoot until Sonny went away. It was just bizarre because it was like Dimitri thought since a member of the Kiriakis family (the side he's on) showed up, it was the best time to shoot...LOL makes no sense!!

Soapsuds, what are you talking about!! CD/Chad's body looks damn good ;-)

Another WTF I just don't understand.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the Wikipedia description fits well for the DiMeras

Different writers have written the DiMeras in different ways. Some examples.

James E. Reilly: Gothic in the 90s, cartoons in the 00s.

Sally Sussman-Morina: Cartoons

Peter Brash and Paula Cwikly: A combination

Hogan Sheffer: A combination

Dena Higley: Mafia family

As for the Kiriakis's, I don't see them as mobsters. Victor used to be an old-school gangster turned ruthless business tycoon. And Brady is just a goofy drunk.

DAYS have done several "mob" stories in the past, the difference is that they don't dominate the show like they do on GH. Yet everytime DAYS does it people say they are trying to be like GH or it belongs on GH, I don't get it.

• Members

I am trying to remember when Days has done a mob story.

None of this makes any sense. When have Stefano or EJ in recent years been shown to be involved in the mob or have it be a noticeable foundation established on this show. EJ scheming against Sami for years, sending a Rafe doppleganger to be Rafe, wiping out Rafes memory with some wonder drug shows someone as a villian there is nothing mobbish about it. Brady as a drunk and taking over Titan from Victor was mobbish? Since when. And at the end of the day like on GH no one important is going to die. I get using Maggie to try to up the stakes in the story and no I would not want her to die but the story doesn't even make one bit of sense.

• Members

Various times in the 80's-early 90's with Victor.

When he came to town in fact he started as a drug lord, then had a hooker ring, and eventually was revealed to be a mobster. It is in the days history book, i believe. And i know its been written in his offical bios and have seen clips from the storylines. There was a big one too, at some point. I think they ended up in Miami.

And again with Bo & Billie a mob story was introduced that took them to LA, i think.

• Members

I can't believe I don't remember this, and I've been watching since '87. Then again, when you're five and watching, things like the mob go over your head.

During the coronation massacre, wasn't the guy that Kate was sleeping with a mobster?

• Members

Victor's introduction was as a mobster. I don't know that they ever said the word "mob," but they sure loved terms like "crime syndicate." He was somehow involved in that whole thing with Savannah back in the mid-80s.

Also, how many times have we seen Bo grudgingly call Victor for help and Victor promises "to take care of it"? He has dirt and/or ways to manipulate all sorts of officials.

• Members

Yeah, Maggie sure had a poor turnout for her potential last breaths on earth!

The DiMeras (Tony, or whomever) seemed to be doing mobster-like activity in 2003 when Lucas came on board and they were hanging out at that gentlemen's club and there was that chick Maya who had a thing for Shawn-D, and there was some mysterious "goop".

And I remember in 2000 after Victor returned from the nursing home and I think the story was Phillip was involved in gambling and had a debt to pay. And Victor ended up placing a call and the next thing we saw was some house explode (actually, it looked more like a miniature model home). And with that, suddenly there was no debt for Phillip to worry about...

• Members

Ugh I don't like Taylor becoming an even worse, pathetic character with DAYS tying her to Quinn today. His "show" comment to her makes it seem like she was one of his prostitutes in the past e8099.gif How unfortunate, this girl never gets a break! She just gets worse. Poor TB

I'd much rather have Chad live in the Dimera mansion! I wish he'd listen to Kate. I still don't like him & Abby together

• Members

Pretty much all the Carly/Vivian/Quinn scenes this week have been great. Too bad they weren't placed in the context of, oh, an actual story or anything.

I'm 99% sure that's the last interaction we'll see between Quinn and Carly. What was the damn point?

• Members

I am sure that before the cast changes, they were building this into something. Vivians son (nephew? idk tbh) and carly? GLORIOUS! She would die. Kate is tied into this too, as is Chloe. All of these woman have some sort of history, aside fom CC & NB (who may have been wanting a story together, or scenes, because they are friends IRL, but who knows...).

What i find interesting is.. what is next for Quinn?

Yup. He has alway said "i will take care of it" and Bo has had always had an issue with his "line of work" (unless he needs it for his advantage, like a true Brady).

yeah, i think that was Dena's first run. in 2003.

I do remember that scene you are talking about. Its always been alluded to, and sometimes outright said. I am surprised at the surprise of the mob right now to be honest. They mentioned it again during the Philip vs EJ thing too not that long ago, tho that was also Dena. But this is nothing new.

Taylor is just an awful character. All around, always has been and will be, much like Sarah Webber on GH to be honest.

I love him and Abby!

• Members

Ya and it's to bad because I was really hoping for a positive change with Tamara in the role. I really had high hopes, LOL.

I really want to like Abby and Chad but I just can't. I don't think they have any heat & I also don't like how Abby doesn't fully accept Chad for who he is. Sometimes it seems like she does but other times not. She is all over the place. I think DAYS will stick with this coupling though & add an obstacle in somewhere down the road.

Archived