DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No the rewrites don't start until August 26th according to @days45online. Sami isn't pregnant after all, according to Lexie there's something else wrong with her

Ya that is pretty insane. "Phelle" had a lot of fans, DAYS just never fully went for it unfortunately ;-( since Shawn and Belle are "soulmates"

• Members

Since Sonny's arrival, I've only been watching his scenes, but with Cody Longo's brief arrival starting, I watched both Friday and Monday completely.

Honestly, other than how Taylor looks malnourished, I have to say I enjoyed what I saw. Even Daniel and Jennifer were cute, even if I don't agree with the story itself. And it doesn't hurt that Shawn Christian looked bangin' in those jeans.

The only other thing I had a problem with was Melanie inserting herself everywhere like some gang bang wannabe. Oh, and it was bullshit that Lexie seemed so concerned for Sami, considering Sami once made her believe she had breast cancer, among other things.

• Members

No, she wasnt going to be preg under DH. They were giving her cancer tho.

The rewrites start next week, i believe.

i love them, as friends.

MM had 2 moments that i thought were great, one was the sex scene with Philip above the brady pub and Hope catches them, the other when John dies. She was INCREDIBLE

• Members

Good lord why does Sami want more kids. I hope whatever is wrong with her prevents her from ever getting pregnant again

It took me long enough but I finally see what you guys do and its that Carly Corinthos has invaded Salem. Taylor was coming across super smug without the pretense that she's "supposed" to be morally superior. She's just awful

Dimera vs Kiriakis....Im so sick of it all. They are really laying it thick with this family feud thing

Surprised the hooker is alive. I thought she was getting killed off

• Members

I dont want her to never have kids again, but we need like a 5+ year break for sure.

Slight changes could go a long way for the character. Like, if her secret was that she is bat [!@#$%^&*] insane and had been in a mental ward for the past few years that would explain a lot, and they could totally have her walk that line of insanity, It would also explain why a woman who is supposed to be smart fell so fast and hard and is boarderline obsessed and psychotic about a man like EJ. But then again, that would pretty much make her Ava, who she be here anyways instead.

Again, all in the writing. This war should be a driving force on the show and involve everyone one way or another. Victor, his offspring, their women/families/friends are a HUGE portion of the canvas but are never played as a family. On the DiM side there is only STefano and EJ so they need to be beefed up or given substantel power.

• Members

<p>The whole &quot;peace&quot; thing had me rolling. &quot;I won't break the peace.&quot; And then Brady later telling Nicole it was like swearing on a Bible. As a Theologian I was howling, lol. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Why even go there if they weren't going to go there? I'm a GH fan so I know a botched story when I see one, but this was a joke from the first moment. Bad, bad…. if they wanted something for Magic, there are a million other things they could have done to give them an &quot;Us against the Universe&quot; mini-story.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

This is one of the many reasons why I hate Melanie more than any other character on the show. She is force fed to the audience in practically every storyline. I truly hope that they put her either in major background mode, or get rid of the character altogether in September. I suggest having the character fall down an elevator shaft in a scene reminiscent of LA Law...

• Members

I hope so.

I agree - the Hortons should not accept Magic, though Hope should be on the fence considering how well Victor has always treated her. There is such a natural drama there and I'm hoping the new writers will see that. Maggie is not a push-over nor is she pure as the driven snow, so getting some of that Irish temper to remind the Horton women she's her own person would be nice to see. Serving tea and cookies has gone on for too long.

• Members

I hope Maggie is less condescending to Victor. Its one thing that annoyed me about her this year with how judgemental she gets, almost like she treats him like a child. No she shouldnt be supporting all he does and turning a blind eye but at the same time they need to strike a balance with her so that it doesnt look like she's always talking down to him.

Archived