DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. Well that's true and I'd hate that as well. I hope from this point on Abby doesn't try to restrict Chad even more though. Eventually he's going to want to see Stefano. Abby has already convinced him to move out of the Dimansion (I think deep down Chad didn't really want to move out). If Abby starts getting nit picky with everything Chad does regarding his family I won't have any of it! She needs to have some faith in him & their love and believe he won't turn out like them.

• Members

Watching now and Kate is ridiculous! Chad JUST got shot and could have been killed. Abby too. He has very valid reasons for leaving the Dimera house, yet she scolds them both about this decion, trying to make it out like he's selfish and she's trying to take him from his family. What world is she living on? Chad is still a teen (he's 19 right?) and shouldnt have to be in that environment and shame on her for not giving a damn about him nearly being killed which prompted this decision

Hope's new story is all shades of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Members

I don't get what the big deal is about living in the Dimera Mansion...lol if it's so dangerous wouldn't Stefano, EJ, & Kate hide somewhere else?! Also if it's so dangerous to live at the Dimansion, why is everyone living there still & why would Stefano want Chad there so badly? Wouldn't he want Chad to be somewhere safe if it was so dangerous? I don't understand how the Dimera mansion is such a harsh environment. Nothing ever even happens there!! lol.

I can understand why Kate & the rest of the Dimera's want Chad to stay there - because he's family!

• Members

Lol I think they understand how obviously scared he is but are blinded by the fact that he's family. That's all they care about, that he's blood, etc...

As far as safety goes, I think Chad would've been just fine if he stayed at the Dimansion. Nothing ever goes down there. But I think he's more worried about their influence & that's why he left.

• Members

I hope that they at some point have her try to accept it and attened dinner at the dimansion. could you imagine it?

Jen: Are you eating here tonight?

Abby: No, i am gonna have wine and bread with Stefano and the fam.

Jennifer: blink.pngohmy.pngmad.gifjeal0002.gif

So, just like everything involving Hopeless?

She is the worst. I actually would take Taylor, and Carrie, over Hope.

Because Stefano, EJ and Kate are adults who have been in this game for more a minute. Chad is new to this world. he isnt exactly use to being shot for talking to his family.

I would move the hell out too. And likely not talk to anyone for awhile. Its not just the DiMansion, but the entire world around them. Is he supposed to be like "oh, i got shot for being a dimera and talking to my family, no biggie" and just move on like it didnt happen (actually, knowing days im surpsied he didnt...)

• Members

Yay for the Hope hate.

I loved Hope in the 80's and early 90's when she came back, all the way up to the JT/Glen/Barb story, but damn is she not annoying as hell the last decade or so.

Give the woman a backbone already.

• Members

Those I can think of right now.

In 1984, Larry Welch was handpicked by the cartel which was run by Max Hathaway to run for Lt. Gov (Max was really working for Stefano through Megan). The Cartel backing Larry was simply a front for the DiMeras.

In 1985, when Victor first came to Salem he was the head of the drug and prostitution ring. He blackmailed Larry to take the fall.

In 1987, Victor revealed that his father and brother were murdered by a rival family in a gangland car bombing in Greece.

Also in the late 80s there were the Torres family, but I don't really anything about the story. I think they were some short-term bad guys that RoJohn arrested.

In 1997, Bo and Billie went undercover to capture drug lord JL King.

In 1998, Franco found out from his old friend Roberto that Joe Moroni had been released from prison in Italy and he had put out a contract on him. Franco now had to marry Sami to stay in the States. Roberto told Kate about the "Moroni brothers".

In 1999, The Moronis were now all of the sudden a family in Salem hanging out at the Blue Note. Billie pretended to be a stripper to get information from Roberto. He tried to rape her but was shot by a Moroni hitman named Marco for talking to much. While in the hospital, Kate paid him to confess to killing Franco. Sami confronted Joe and she was shot as well.

In 2000, Sami and Brandon went to Italy to find Roberto's ex Angela, who was the daughter of mob boss Vincent Moroni. Angela had a tape of when Kate paid Roberto to take the fall for Franco's murder. Vincent got the tape and he knew that Sami and Brandon weren't the only ones who wanted it. Victor and Kate wanted it as well, Vincent would give it to them if he got back the territory that Victor took from him years ago. Victor refused.

In 2001, Brandon married Angela. Kate teamed up with Vincent to kill Victor, Sami and Brandon. Vincent's hitmen went crazy and we got the massacre at Greta's Coronation. Angela took the bullet meant for Brandon and died, Vincent shot himself.

In 2003, Tony (Andre) took over Victor's gentlemen's club Echelon. He also did some shady dealing with Maya Leano, who's father used to work with Victor in the past. They went behind Victor's back, something he didn't like (even during her first run on DAYS Dena hinted at a D&K feud). Andre also made Lucas his right-hand man.

In 2008, Steve's ex Ava Vitali kidnapped Hope thinking she was Kayla. When Ava was arrested her father, mob boss Martino Vitali came to Salem. He had a past with Kate and he tried to have Steve and Bo killed. He was shot dead by Bo.

In 2008, there was also a war over the docks between RoboJohn and Philip.

In 2009, there was a struggle between Titan and DiMera Enterprises on who would get the fuels project created by Nick Fallon and Trent Robbins. Tony and Philip got into a fight and Tony died. Stefano and EJ wanted revenge, and that was the start of the D&K feud.

Now in 2011, we are currently seeing a war between them because Brady beat up EJ.

I don't know but I think it's the word "mob" that scares people and they immediately think of Sonny and Jason and all their enemies on GH. There is more to the mob than that, as I have just mentioned several stories in the past. Notice that DAYS use to mob as villains or a roadblock for the couples. While GH potrays their mob as heroes. These DiMera/Kiriakis wars are the only time when both sides are "bad".

• Members

T can GTFO now mad.gif He was at his WORST today.

LOVED Chad putting his arm around Sonny and standing up for him! blush.png Great moment!! The Chad/Sonny/Will scenes earlier in the episode were pretty good but kinda awkward.

Roman mad.gif I did not like how resistant he was to giving Sami the job at the Salem PD, yet he was so quick to give it to Taylor later on. WTF? Clearly Sami is the more qualified one. I did not like how that story was handled today at all. I did like Sami in this episode, a LOT, and I'm glad she's finally getting tired of not having a job!

Archived