DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Didn't Victor used to have some sort of issue with Hope? Like he didn't approve of her? I'm guessing like back in the 80's or something. I distinctly remember when Hope "died" in the avalanche in early 1996 and word got out that she had perished, Victor said something to the effect that "even though they never saw eye-to-eye" he felt genuinely sorry for Bo.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to disagree about Melanie. I don't at ALL feel like she's being wedged into every single storyline. She's playing a supporting role in the Carly storyline, since it involves both of her parents, and she's playing a very supporting role in this feud story where it pertains to Brady, one of her close friends, and Maggie, who's a mother figure to her. It's not like the entire story has been made about Melanie. She and Dario certainly don't have a story of their own, either. I feel she's being played as the epitome of a supporting character right now.

• Members

Oh I like Will too. Will and Sonny have great chemistry. I do hope that they do include Chad to form the triangle. I just dont know how they could explain Chad being gay though. How many girls has he been with?? I'm just not seeing anything with Chad and Will. I just see them as great friends. I see more potential with Chad/Sonny or Will/Sonny pairing.

• Administrator

Link please!

ITA. Martha and JKJ had a ton of chemistry. One of my favorite scenes of them was when they were talking in the church the day after John's funeral. Another great Phelle scene was them on the boat in Tinda Lau (it was an intense/emotional scene). I wish I could find those scenes. Yeah, the setup for Chloe/Phillip/Belle/Shawn was pretty good. Then the strike happened!

It was EJ.

• Members

I agree.

She is playing a supporting role in stories involving people she loves. This is how i wish young characters and newbies would be written. She isnt driving a story, a story isnt being built around her, she is reacting to stories involving her mother, father, and Maggie.

• Members

Yeah, I definitely agree and I hope Marlene & Darrell maintain this style of writing with her. Also hope Melanie can find love with someone else. I wish Dario's days weren't numbered.

Speaking of Marlene and Darrell, did everyone hear that they each made new Facebooks on Monday so fans could add them? I think it's really cool that they did that and I love that they ask questions to the fans & also (mostly) respond back to people who post on their walls. Pretty cool.

Marlene's FB

https://www.facebook...100002817009659

Darrell's FB

https://www.facebook...100002897976095

• Members

I've never had an issue with Melanie either. Even her marriage was more about Phloe than herself. I find her the right blend of support and firecracker.

IMO all characters should be rotating in and out of lead/supporting. That's why Sami Brady drives me crazy, and why I'm afeared with the return of John and Marlena that they will eat the canvas again. I left because too much attention was being given to them and no one else seemed to lead anything. Without the DH2, other vets were able to step forward and I'm concerned about what will happen to Magic, and to a lesser extend, State. Maggie has naturally taken over the role of Matriarch of this show. Will that be given to Marlena now? Especially since Maggie technically doesn't have any of her descendants on the canvas but Marlena will have almost all of hers.

I know there is a great deal of excitement about the 'Days Reboot', but if this is just the 90's with a different wardrobe, I don't see the point of sticking around.

• Members

She ruins every scene she is in with overacting and pathetic attempts to userp the spotlight from far more talented pros. Granted you could say its Dena's fault; but the character has been whiny shrill and annoyingly in your face since she debuted. How every male character seems to fall for her is mind boggling.

I really hope she gets written out. Nicole said it best about Melanie. "Everyone thinks she is just darling, but she's really she's just a bitch."

Archived