DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG, those two together would be TERRIBLE.

I used to really like Billy Miller, too. I don't know what got into him.

Tuesday's show was good. Friday's was better, IMO (Monday's was alright). I'm not really enjoying Lexie and Sami all buddy/buddy though. I'm so glad Roman was still there. If it were Higley, he'd have been dropped. Hell, he wouldn't even be involved! Glad to get another mention of Marlena. I enjoyed the teen scenes, mostly. I think they need to flesh Abby out a bit more. I'm not feeling her and I like the actress. Dario and Melanie seem out of place but it's nice to see Melanie with people her own age.

I really liked the Nicholas and Carly scenes. I like Nicky defending his father, wondering why he wasn't given a chance to change. I think Higley made a big mistake having Carly kill Lawrence like it was nothing and then trying to explain it away. I felt bad for M&D to have to have Carly try and come up with a reason. Crystal Chappell has been knocking it out of the park. Cody Longo isn't great, and a tad too young at this point for Nicky, but I love the idea behind the scenes and love that it's finally being addressed. I buy that Nicky chose to just ignore the situation instead of dealing with it. It's a tactic a LOT of people use. Even though it was just brought up to explain why Higley ignored the Nicky aspect for the entire time Carly's been back on the show.

Hell, I even somewhat liked Jennifer and Daniel together today. I like Shawn Christian alot but the Daniel character was damaged from the start by Higley. And it's kinda sad because he stands no chance when Jack re-enters the picture. I'm honestly super excited for Matt Ashford and Jack and writers who seem to appreciate Jack, but it just feels so been there/done that with Jennifer and Jack. Jack loses Jen in a stupid way, she falls for another guy in no time at all and Jack pants after her for months until said good guy unravels and is written out.

• Administrator

I like seeing Roman be there for Sami and of course the Marlena mention too.

They need to flesh all of them out. Higley did such a poor job these past 3 years with them. I really enjoyed their scenes together today, showcasing their friendship. I hope we get to see more group scenes! I LOL at that last shot of T. looking at them from the bushes.

Totally agree that Higley made such a huge mistake by having Carly kill off Lawrence and not dealing with the situation afterwards. I thought the Carly/Nicholas scenes were fantastic. Kudos to CC.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I enjoyed the Jen/Daniel scenes too. It was cute and fun and not stupid. I couldn't agree more about Daniel being damaged from the start by Higley. She just didn't know what do to with him and that's why he's had four failed relationships in 3 years.

The Sami/Rafe/Roman banana split scenes were fun and cute too. Today was just an enjoyable all around episode.

• Members

They didn't need to come up with a reason. Carly offed Lawrence because he was threatening to track down Carly's illegitimate daughter and eliminate her, which is why Carly came to Salem to track the child down and why Vivian was so intent on killing Melanie. If the writers remembered this, the Nicholas conflict could have been Carly being to chose one child over the other because in saving Melanie she was forced to kill Nicholas' father.

Nicholas wasn't completely ignored as he was mentioned on occassion, and his offscreen conflict with Carly did help springboard the current drug addiction. There is also a legitimate reason to want to gloss over the Nicholas issue. Victor Webster, the last Nicholas, was six years younger than Crystal Chappell and was involved with Lauren Koslow's Kate. Nicholas' timeline is rather awkward as a result, but I do think they should have dealt with Nicholas. In all honesty, Nicholas should have been paired with a recast Stephanie and let the Stephanie / Melanie and Carly / Kayla conflict continue.

There was definitely things that needed to be established after the Carly / Melanie reveal that never happened. Carly should have explained to those close to her that she killed Lawrence to protect Melanie. I think people would have understood instead of continually labelling her a murderer as if she had no reasonable motivation for doing what she did. Also, there should have been more development of the Carly / Daniel relationship as this should have been a relationship to future stories, which it eventually became once Daniel became involved with Carly's best friend Jennifer.

Toups, your wording makes it sound like Daniel has simply been thrown from one relationship to another, which I don't think its true. Daniel's role on the canvas evolved as he continued in the role. Its not like they bounced him from woman to woman without any story direction. When he was introduced, Daniel was involved with Kate and Chelsea, correct? I didn't really get back into the show until September 2008 when Daniel and Kate were in a defacto relationship. The Daniel / Chloe storyline played out for over two years and sprung out of Daniel's relationship with Kate. During Chloe / Daniel's relationship, it made sense that the show would unite Daniel / Carly because of their child and because children was an issue in Chloe / Daniel's relationship. Before Jennifer arrived, it seemed clear to me that the show intended to have Carly / Daniel as the rooting couple, but they never positioned them in a reasonable story after Bo / Carly's split to make the audience root for them before jumping into Daniel / Jennifer. Because of Daniel's role in Lucas' latest fall off the wagon, it would have been more interesting if Jennifer did have problems with Daniel, while thankful that he saved her life.

I think all of Daniel's past relationships have let him interact with the canvas and given him a bit more to play with, but maybe that's simple me.

• Members

LOL at pressed, pathetic ass T coming back to the lake and mad dogging everyone. Ugh! Why did Kinsey even invite him to the lake party in the first place?! She knows he is not liked by anyone and she's seen first hand how much of a jerk he is towards everyone. She and him both need to get a clue!

I loved the lake stuff with the teens. I thought it translated on screen better than it did in spoilers. I love Mel & Abby's relationship, nice scenes between them at the pub & the lake. Sonny still seems a bit uncomfortable around everyone. He needs to loosen up.

Dario and Melanie are CUTE. I LOVE them.

• Administrator

Daniel has been a bad character since he started, thanks to Dena's writing. The way Rachel Melvin looks and the way Shawn Christian looks, It was just gross. She looked way too young for him. Then Daniel cheats on Chelsea with her grandma Kate. Then Daniel cheats on Kate, who had cancer, on Chloe, who was married to Kate's son! Chloe's out of Dan's life and not even part of his storyline. That's 3 different love interests who longer have anything to do with him. To me, that is bad soap opera writing. You have to establish who Daniel's love interest is, and then show that relationship for years. Daniel's been on for 3 years, and he has no base. And now he's dating Jen who is Lucas' sister, and the beginning of Dan/Jen was just awful to watch. Usually the origin story of a relationship is the best part, but not with this couple.

• Members

T isn't even bullying! He's just meandering into scenes, berating people for hanging out with Sonny, being laughed at, and wandering off so that he can glare at them from a distance. I would imagine he'll do something at some point, but there is literally nothing going on here!

I did really enjoy the young adults by the "lake" or whatever today. And Jen/Daniel were delightful. The actors have a nice, natural chemistry, and it's a shame this isn't how Daniel was positioned from the beginning, because Shawn Christian has a very likable vibe in this mode.

Archived