DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im sorry but this Carly detox stuff is hilarious as hell and I know its not supposed to be. I started LMAO when Carly started having the shakes and they kept switching back to the camera monitoring her like she's some quarantined diseased beast from a horror film

Sami pregnant? Why didnt she get her tubes tied years ago?

When Dario start working at Titan? Did that happen offscreen? Were the scenes where he got a job cut?

carlyboogers.jpg

Ewww, I saw boogers up Carly's nose. Why give her a close up HD shot?

The actor playing Nick isnt that cute

Chloe is way too good at hooking now

• Members

She looked like a mix of Ari Zucker, Julie Marie Berman and Melissa Claire Egan. She had Ari's hair, Julie's nose and MCE's jaw. It was weird.

Speaking of Nicole, I hate how inconsistent her friendship with Chloe is written. If they had interacted more, she'd already know Chloe is a prostitute and help her deal with Quinn

• Members

OMG, I was in tears during those scenes. They were just so over-the-top. I mean, Crystal Chappell went for it, and if Carly were a longtime alcoholic or drug user finally detoxing, it would have been pitch-perfect. But the flailing and screaming and switching to the DETOX CAM were too damn much. I expected her head to spin 360 degrees around while she projectile-vomited pea soup all over Nicholas's cheap suit.

Yeah, Brady offered him a job to keep him busy and away from Melanie. Which obviously worked so well, and Brady cares soooo much.

I think they did the best job they could in casting Nicholas. He doesn't look atrociously young, but there's no way anyone around Victor Webster's age could plausibly play Crystal Chappell's son. Victor Webster is almost 40 damn years old. I'd rather they deSORASed Nicholas months and months ago and had him on the show, rather than pretending he didn't exist for a year and a half because they didn't know how to deal with the age thing. Besides, if this guy were to stick around, they could always play his history with Kate as "When I was in Salem briefly a few years back..." No one has to mention that it was eleven years ago.

• Members

This show again Higley missed a golden opportunity for some natural conflict between Chloe and Nicole because Chloe was married to Brady and Nicole in love with him well at least this week. Of course Chloe ever being married to Brady has been completely ignored for the most part. Relationships flip flop or change or exist on this show to serv a plot and nothing more.

• Members

I'm kinda "meh" on the whole drug/detox story. It's not nearly as powerful as it could be. BUT CC is selling it with everything she's got. There is a reason this woman is an Emmy winner and multiple nominee - she is fearless. I absolutely love actor/actresses who don't care what they look like so long as they get to the raw honesty of what they are supposed to be playing. It makes all the princesses and divas look really shallow in comparison.

I actually liked the switching to the detox-cam. It added another level of realism to the process, which is ugly, demoralizing and physically gruelling no matter how long your body has been hooked on drugs.

• Members

I laughed so hard at this that my co-workers opened my office door to see what I was on.

Kudos to CC for giving it her ALL, but seriously....Carly was only on pills for, what, a month? She wasn't chasing the dragon...just the Daniel. :lol:

• Members

LMAO. Did everyone see todays "mini-plot"? Had me on the floor laughing! Loved it!

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F3f3KQFZHpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I found Sonny highly annoying today as the piece whisperer, can he please go back to hanging out with the people his own age??...thx. His last scene with Chad was nice!

LMAO. Taylor is wearing that same hideous outfit she was in when she saw Chad get shot. Meanwhile it's her first day at work? Were on the same day? And it's her first day on the job? In that outift? LOL.

Martha Madison and Jay Kenneth Johnson had it going on! I YEARNED for Philip and Belle as a couple. But I also loved Belle and Shawn ;-)

Archived